Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Total Points: 12,494.72
Donate
finding someone to adopt out my baby

i am just over 6 mts pregnant and i was wondering how i would go abt finding some1 to adopt my baby?

i live in utah and there are a lot of places to call but i dont know witch one is best

i also dont want to give her to mormons and ever1 here seems to only have mormon people

do i have to talk to them or can i call any1?

thx
Pregnancy Information
Pregnant? Let Us Help.
New Jersey
Click here to visit Adoptions From The Heart
Building beautiful families through adoption since 1985. A leader in open adoption, AFTH provides services to pregnant women wishing to create an adoption plan and adoptive families seeking to create a family.
Adoptions From The Heart
(800) 355-5500   Fax (610) 642-7938

Old 02-26-2010, 05:06 PM

Total Points: 39,104.84
Donate
You do not have to talk to the Mormons. If you have researched this decision well, you can go to an attorney if you wish or another agency. There are people on here that can help you with appropriate resources. I believe Brandi is very helpful with people that can help you look at all of your options.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Total Points: 16,544.37
Donate
Not everyone in Utah is Mormon. You will be able to look through profiles and choose any family/religion you feel comfortable with or you can even choose to place your child in another state.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Total Points: 2,118.32
Donate
Adoption agencies are supposed to go by your wishes. You get to pick the family by looking over profiles and pictures,etc. You have the preference whether you place your baby locally or farther away. Its up to you. There are also many lawyers that deal with adoptions. They take care of the work and theres not a lot of stress involved. If you still dont feel comfortable with going locally, you could contact an agency or lawyer out of state. Any other questions, just let me know. I hope I helped. Good luck!!!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Total Points: 11,354.98
Donate
Our DS's birthmom found us online as she did not want to work with any local agencies. That is an option as well. There places that post only home-study approved potential parents online. You can work with an agency or look at profiles on your own.

However you should be aware that much needed adoption counseling is not automatically available when doing a private adoption and should be something you specifically ask for if you were to explore that avenue.

PM me if you want more info about the website our sons first mom found us on. I don't think I am allowed to post names here. you can search for potential aparents by geographical region, religion, etc...
Old 03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Total Points: 12,494.72
Donate
i no not everyone in utah is mormon, i am not mormon

one place i called 2day wanted me to come live there and i dont want to move

how do you find some1 where i dont have 2 leave my family an friends

i just want this 2 be over
Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Just a member

Total Points: 53,022,739,860,349.13
Donate
Please remember that we are not a matching site, we do not allow people to solicit children or offer agency suggestions on here.

Melodeanne is not asking anyone here to adopt her child, she is asking for resources and suggestions.

Please refer to our forum rules once again if you are unfamiliar with them.

Thank You,
Crick
Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Total Points: 3,797.46
Donate
Go to a lawyer and they will handle everything for you. You don't have to move.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Just a member

Total Points: 53,022,739,860,349.13
Donate
I'm getting tired of explaining our rules over and over again.

So let me just cover it in a blanket umbrella catch all statement here.

UNLESS you have resources or support to offer based on what the OP is actually asking for..........

DO NOT POST.

I will ban the next person who breaks this rule on this thread.

Getting sick and tired of people preying on women trying to make what is likely the most important decisions they'll ever make. That goes for people who prey on them for the child and people who prey on them emotionally in the opposite direction.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Total Points: 66,147.58
Donate
We were not happy with the adoption agencies in our state when we were looking to adopt. We went with an agency in the next state over. If you are not finding an agency you are comfortable with in Utah could you research agencies in neighboring states? Do they have private adoption lawyers in Utah who could match you with hopeful adoptive couples? Have you researched adoption facilitators? I don't know anything about adoption in Utah. I'm just brainstorming ideas that you might try. I hope you find someone to work with you. You should not have to move away from your family and friends. I will send hugs and prayers your way.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Total Points: 7,775.74
Donate
Hey,

Can you do a google search and look for agencies in your area and call them and see if you like any?
Sometimes you just get that yes or no vibe right away, know what I mean?
There are tons of agencies in every state, and you aren't obligated to go with any of them if you just call or even meet them, So really try to find one that you trust and click with. It's important to feel comfortable with them.

The main reason I wanted to post is because we met a girl last year who found an agency online and they also wanted her to move there. They seemed to really pressure her. If you NEED a place to stay- then something like this may be great for some women, but it sounds like you need your family friends at this time.
So no--- you don't need to move. Find another agency.
MOST don't have you move anywhere. The social worker will come to you.

Also- you can pick any kind of person or couple you want. Most (all???) agencies will let you look thru profiles and pick the person/couple. You can also meet with them.

And no-- all adopting couples aren't mormom. That made me giggle.

Bottom line is that there are so many agenices- so don't settle for one if it doesn't feel right.

Lots of hugs and prayers as you go thru this.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Total Points: 3,797.46
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandymck
Go to a lawyer and they will handle everything for you. You don't have to move.
I hope you weren't mad at me when you stated the rules again. I was just trying to help.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Total Points: 11,189.97
Donate
When I was first doing a search for a local agency, I pulled out the phone book and there is a lot in there. If you don't have one, your library will. But do some research about the agencies before you go with one. I was originally with a domestic agency that went out of business a month later, and I'm a bit embarrased to say I didn't research it well enough. I didn't make that mistake again. but the phone book is a great starting point.

Good luck!! I hope you find a good supportive agency. *big hugs*

~ Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 PM

Total Points: 97,636,421,624.21
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandymck
I hope you weren't mad at me when you stated the rules again. I was just trying to help.

i'm pretty sure she was talking about the posters that had their messages deleted.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Total Points: 21,745.85
Donate
I agree that an adoption attorney would be worth looking into. Most of them can handle everything an agency can handle as far as counseling, getting you profiles that match what you want etc. You might get a more personalized feel from an adoption attorney.

Heather
8/99 Started ttc, 1/02 to 8/03 Fertility treatments, 11/04 Domestic hs finished/Licensed, 9/06 Began process for Guat adoption, 11/17/06 Foster son (fs) came to us at 5 mo old, 12/18/06 Our Guat son born, 02/26/07 DNA a match!, 05/03/07 Received PA notice, 07/11/07 OUT of PGN, 08/10/07 Embassy Appointment, 08/14/07 Returned home with our son, 2/08 fs bio-father signed surrenders, 5/08 fs bio-mother signed surrenders, 10/01/08 fs is finally adopted and is now our son!

Failed match with extended family member before our HS was even complete June '09. HS approved July '09 and looking for a domestic match privately and with a couple referral services. Hoping to adopt a baby girl to complete our family.