adoption.com

adoption.com

JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Total Points: 4,527.36
Donate
Half brother put up for adoption.

Hi, I am 34 and found out a few years ago that I have a brother who was put up for adoption. I only found out from my other brother who told me our mother who drinks blurted it out one night - she has no memory of telling him.
My father and Aunt have confirmed this to be true but no one will give me the right information.
I am told he is a few years older than me, about three or four years older. The adoption took place in Leicestershire UK and that he lives in New Zealand.
My mothers maiden name is Martin, she was married to someone before my dad but I am told he is not his son but my mother may have used this as a surname which would be Frith.
I really would like to find him.
Adoption Information
Doug & Margaret (WA)
are hoping to adopt
Doug & Margaret hoping to adopt A Service of Adoption Profiles
Domestic Adoption?
Virginia
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 06-14-2010, 11:18 AM
Adoptee

Total Points: 1,477,345.04
Donate
Have you checked/registered with the UK government? I don't have a link to offer you but they did open the records. If you can't find a link perhaps someone on the board will have one for you.

Kind regards,
Dickons

Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Total Points: 8,516.69
Donate
In the Uk you cannot "look" for someone who was adopted. You have to wait for them to find you! Make yourself visible, don't change your surname to something they won't be looking for. (I helped my man find his bmum who was using HER mothers maiden name! Not terribly helpful.) register on sites like this where they can find you if they are looking. You can register with NORCAP so that if your brother looks for you then your details will be there for him to find. And if you find each other TAKE IT SLOWLY.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Total Points: 3,308.02
Donate
I know this was posted a while ago but you can legally search for your brother as the law changed on the 30th Dec 2005. Do you know if the adoption went through an adoption agency or social services?

If your mum tells you that will be a start. Social services can help though and point you in the right direction. You can go through Welcome - Adults Affected by Adoption - Norcap but they will charge you membership or you can approach After Adoption Home Page but I don't know if they charge.

Good luck!