JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 06-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Total Points: 19,644.00
Donate
Finding an Asian or Asian/Caucasian baby girl

We are looking for agencies and resources specializing in locating Asian or Asian/Caucasian baby girls. Does anybody have any leads that have proven successful? Also, we're interested in learning what factors play a major role in the successful location and adoption in this ethnic make-up. We'd love to hear all comments. Thank you!
Adoption Information
Domestic Adoption?
Virginia
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 06-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Ice tea for me please!
Total Points: 4,516.19
Donate
Smile Network Yourself....Or go International

Hi
We adopted a Asian baby girl in Jan, 04 at birth. The situation came up and we jumped on it. We were open to many race combinations though. I do not think that there are many agencies that specialize in Amerasian or Asian babies, and then even further baby girls. If you are dead set on an Asian baby girl, an international adoption might be the best avenue for you. there are many countries where you can bring your child home at a relatively young age. Korea, China, Kazakstan are all good countries. Check out the international adoption boards on this site, they are full of helpful info.
If you really wanted a domestic adoption you could always network to different facilitators/agencies esp. on the west coast where the Asian pop is substantially higher than the rest of the country, but even then if you are presented to a potential birthmom she may choose a different family or she may parent.
Either way I wish you the best of luck on your adoption journey, and please have faith that your baby girl is out there!!

Here is a picture of our Abby her ethnic make up is 1/2 Japanese, 1/4 Hawaiian, 1/4 Filipino, and 100 % beautiful!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutie 2.jpg (60.2 KB, 274 views)
Hannah 9, Our Princess from Mexico , &
Abby 5.5 our amazing little lady, Domestic adoption, forever with us at 12 hours old...

Last edited by ucme4dk : 06-17-2004 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Total Points: 35,521.84
Donate
My husband and I are just starting the research on the adoption process....my husband is German/Irish and I am Filipino. We are looking also into international adoption, but I'm interested about domestic agencies that specialize (maybe not the right word) in babies with a similar cultural mix (Asian/Caucasian). I think that looking into agencies on the West Coast may be a good start as someone mentioned....any other input/ideas?
Old 06-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Total Points: 19,644.00
Donate
[Edited To Remove Agency/Facilitator/fee based services Recommendations or comments]

Please remember that comments about agencies or other fee based services made after 2/10/2004 MUST be made via Private Message.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Total Points: 1,354.00
Donate
[Edited To Remove Agency/Facilitator/fee based services Recommendations or comments]

Please remember that comments about agencies or other fee based services made after 2/10/2004 MUST be made via Private Message.

If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask!
Old 08-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Total Points: 394.00
Donate
Quote:
Originally posted by leenie71
My husband and I are just starting the research on the adoption process....my husband is German/Irish and I am Filipino. We are looking also into international adoption, but I'm interested about domestic agencies that specialize (maybe not the right word) in babies with a similar cultural mix (Asian/Caucasian). I think that looking into agencies on the West Coast may be a good start as someone mentioned....any other input/ideas?

I am also interested in this. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate a PM ---

Many thanks in advance,

lime
Old 08-12-2004, 02:41 PM
Total Points: 52,024.73
Donate
Welcome Lime from the Irish half of an Asian/Caucasian couple. I think domestic adoption of Asian newborns does not happen often; though it does happen. Enclosed is the link to such recent discussion. Don't really have anything to share, just wanted to welcome you.

http://forums.adoption.com/t102721,15,2.html
Old 08-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Total Points: 394.00
Donate
Thanks so much, redhedded!