JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Total Points: 1,031.17
Donate
Question Fell in Love with the Photo but....

My husband and I have been discussing adoption or foster to adopt for a few months now. We are planning on attending the informational meeting this month. Our plan is to look at older children. We have a 4 yr old bio daughter with special needs.

I've been reading and perusing the web in pursuit for any and all knowledge. I looked at the photos and brief descriptions of the waiting children on the state's website.

The problem is that I have just fallen for a photo of an 8 year old girl. The description says I'm "" and I love dolls. That's it. That's all.

Has anyone adopted a child that was on the state website? Are those children straight adoptions? What on earth are the chances of that little girl being our little girl? Or actually still being available after we are done with the whole getting qualified thing? I know, crazy, not actually answerable question.

Has anyone else done the same?
Adoption Community Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
We'll Search for You!
Virginia
Click here to visit Adoption.com Registry
Don't miss out on finding your match at Adoption.com's Registry. For just $9.99 per year we will do the searching for you. Receive notifications automatically. Plus...find out who is searching for you!
Adoption.com Registry

Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Total Points: 152.57
Donate
If I remember correctly all the kids on the TARE site are legally free for adoption. And yes they are typically straight adoptions. The TARE website used to be much better until a few months ago as they had the full description of the child etc, but they changed it and now its terrible. If you are wanting more info call the 1-800 number on the website and give them the name and ID number and they should be able to give you the childs FAD worker or Foster Adopt worker. Call the FAD worker and just ask some questions, you probably wont get too much information as they want you to actually submit a homestudy and approve you before they will release any information. And as far as the little girl being yours, you just never know, if its meant to be she will still be available once you get licensed. Good Luck!! Feel free to email me with any questions, I have adopted one special needs little boy almost two years ago and am in the process on another.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Total Points: 603.29
Donate
Try registering as a user on the TARE website. Once registered and logged in you can see a bit more detail on the waiting children. Good luck!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Total Points: 6,941.40
Donate
Tare

I had the same problem with TARE but once I registered, I got access to the full description. You don't need to have a home study already done in order to register.