Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Total Points: 23,876.51
Donate
Need help with Adoption Paperwork for subsidy

I have adopted previously from foster care but don't remember what I put down as far as expenses for the kids. I have received subsidy paperwork and have no idea what to put down. If anyone has been through this recently I would really appreciate any help. I am about to adopt a sibling group of two, 33 months old and 18 months old. As a single parent I am the only income for this household. Some of the questions are about estimated clothing allowances for myself and my already adopted son...I haven't a clue what to say. I'm just in need of some guidance from anyone who has done this recently... I really just want enough to keep them in daycare until they are of school age. (I do know that the subsidy amounts vary from $0 to $450 a month.) Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Adoption Information
Suzanne & Don (MD)
are hoping to adopt
Suzanne & Don hoping to adopt A Service of Adoption Profiles
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
Adoption Confererence
Click here to visit Adoptive Parents Committee
Adoptive Parents Committee 33rd Annual Adoption Conference: Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013 St. Francis College, Brooklyn, NY 75 Workshops/50 Exhibitors/Bookstore Register Online or call (212)304-8497
Adoptive Parents Committee
(212) 304-8479  

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Total Points: 5,104.64
Donate
I was hoping you would

get some replys here , becouse our child just got sent to adoption prep , but no one seems to want o answer these kind of questions.
I hope you figured it out , it looks as though I'm going to be in the same happy boat.
Got called back for 2 more class' s in June 2007
File sat on pride works desk for 35 days before we went over her head . Aug 2007
1ST home study September 2007
2ND 15 days later
became licensed Oct 2007
Noticed a big mistake on license in Nov 2007
Mistake was corrected on dec4th 2007
Brought Baby J Home on Feb 4th
Baby J went in to hospital on April 6th, died on the 9th
FS B and Boi Sister K came to Us on April 1st, this is their 2nd home
Fs B and Bio Sister K returned to Bio Grandparent July 1 2008
Baby Boy E Placed On July 28 th was 4 days old
Baby Boy E Parents rights TPR on the Jan 28th
BabyBoyE was transfered To adoption Prep Unit On the April 1 ( and it wasnt an april Fools Joke)
Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Total Points: 2,898.73
Donate
when I filled out the paperwork before I was as honest as I could be but also realistic. I put down truly what I would pay for as I do for my own bio children. It doesn't matter if you are way over what their expectations are, just put down realistically what it would be. Especially with children your ages you will be replacing clothing quickly as they are on big growth spurt patterns. Write these things down. Also document in there anything that you read about in the files, if they soil their things, etc. I know they are young, but you need to document and point these things out.

As for daycare document that too in one of the other sections. There are separate sections for the furniture you need to supply, clothing, their activities etc. This would also include any extra classes that you might want to put them in as well like mommy and me classes or little tykes programs. So basically you just put it all down there and then they will make their adjustments.

I hope this helps. It is pretty easy to fill out once you get started. It was daunting for me to when I started. Congrats!
Old 04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Total Points: 23,876.51
Donate
Thanks to both of you for responding

My worker gave me some different forms which are supposed to be easier but they don't look like it to me. I was hoping either my worker or the kids' worker would offer some insight, but no such luck.

I guess I'll just have to sit down and get it done so I can find out what they are going to give. I honestly think they already know but just go through the motions...time will tell.

Thanks again!