JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Total Points: 702.55
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by male3-60nc
Thanks I will try again. I have registered with IRRS and G's Registry. G's has given me 2 list of births in NC on my BD. We have illiminated quiet a few names. I am on Whentheboughbreaks site too. Nothing promising yet. I have reason to believe I may belong to my Afather. He passed away before I turned 10. My Amom was an alcholic. Within a year I was taken from her and sent to live in another state with my Adads brother and family. All of the "older" family members have passed on now. I had always been told that I was adopted. When I had gotten older they had discouraged me from looking. They said "You don't want to know and your Birth Mom was not a good person. Now I am in need of family medical history. My cousins have found pictures of my Adad and I looked a lot like him. Now they are telling me about rumors that he had an ongoing affair with someone he worked with. Not only that but a male cousin I have not seen since leaving NC has recently contacted me. We look alike also. We are looking into a DNA test to prove weather we are cousins. He is in another state and since most test you have to share a male decendent. His grandmother was my Adad s sister. I have a female cousin that lives close and her dad is the Uncle that raised me. Am hopeful that I will find answers there. I would like answers and possible contact with BMom and the sibling that shows on my non Identifying info. I have found more things that are interesting but have not gotten me any closer to the truth.

If you each do the Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" test, you will be able to determine if you are cousins, it is not limited to a male descendent. It is a autosomal DNA test which looks ate over 700,000 genetic markers, so it can identify matches from very close (parent, sibling, 1/2 sibling, aunt, uncle, 1st, and 2nd cousin), and can also identify a large portion of 3rd, 4th and 5th-remote cousins as well. This is if members from your birth family have also tested and share enough common DNA with you to be detected by the test. It identifies matches from both sides of your family tree (mother and father). You will get the full name and direct email address of your match so you can communicate and try to determine how you are related. On FTDNA I have 60, 3rd, 4th, and 5th-distant cousin matches to date. I am patiently waiting for a closer match to come in, and I know someday, as more and more people get tested, I will have a closer match. This is a great new search tool for genealogy researchers, AND adoptees.

You can also join AdoptionDNA@Yahoogroups.com and ask DNA related questions there.

Judy

Last edited by nolnacsj : 02-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Adoption Reunion Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!

Looking for your birthfamily? Need assistance from the experts? Contact us today.

Your First Name
Your Last Name
Your Email Address

We'll Search for You!
Washington
Click here to visit Adoption.com Registry
Don't miss out on finding your match at Adoption.com's Registry. For just $9.99 per year we will do the searching for you. Receive notifications automatically. Plus...find out who is searching for you!
Adoption.com Registry

Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Total Points: 202.49
Donate
Looking for my dad's birth family :)

He was born in Los Angeles County on October 7, 1954. The birth mother was about 16. Contact me if who you are searching for could be him. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Total Points: 1,430.40
Donate
Thanks Judy,
I will check both the Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" and AdoptionDNA@yahoogroups.com out. I am hopeful that with the release of the 1940 census, I may find my Bmoms family.
David
Old 02-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Total Points: 702.55
Donate
Quote:
Thanks Judy,
I will check both the Family Tree DNA "Family Finder" and AdoptionDNA@yahoogroups.com out. I am hopeful that with the release of the 1940 census, I may find my Bmoms family.
David

Great David!

And because you are male, you can also do a Y-DNA 37 or 67 marker test which sometimes can lead you to the identity of your paternal surname.

If I can be of any more help, feel free to contact me : nolnacsj@aol.com or I will see you on the AdoptionDNA site.

Cheers!

Judy (Fe adoptee born 1956 Binghamton, NY)
Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Total Points: 1,430.40
Donate
Update non-identifying info

I have been going over all of my papers. I have noticed that I had misread part of my non-identifying information. My Bmom had a child born/adopted in 1958. Her father had died at age 40 from diabetes. She had a sister that work or had worked for the Dept of Navy. Here is where my information is different. My Maternal Grandmother was NOT deceased at the time of my birth/adoption. She was 39. My Maternal Uncle was NOT deceased and was 22 at the time of my birth/adoption. He was or had been in the Air Force. Now back to work double checking names and information that I had dismissed before. Hopeful that my answers are in the research I have already done.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Total Points: 1,615.23
Donate
Looking for birth family

I am a male born on June 1, 1978. My birth certificate says I was born in Crawfordsville Indiana. I think I was adopted through a Huntington Indiana agency or the court system, not too sure. Not knowing much has held me back on finding where and whom I come from. The small things I know is that my birth mom and birth dad where not married and had kids of there own but do not know if that is true or not. That is about it. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks Ryan
Old 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Total Points: 1,710.33
Donate
Looking For Three Half Brothers

I have been searching for three half brothers for several years. All three brothers were removed by the State of Georgia and were sent to an adoption center in Atlanta. A Aunt, who died before I met her, traveled with the three brothers to Atlanta. She told other family members that she remembered the Gordon County Sheriff Officer dropping the boys off where there was a lot of Nuns walking around. Atlanta Catholic Charities? I contacted the Atlanta CC, but like most others, they are like talking to a brick wall. I was born in 1958 and was removed from the home too at the age of 5 months old and adopted by the Stewart's. My birth name is Jimmy Wayne Fuller. Eunice, BioMom, had very little income and could not feed or support the children, plus she was not married to the brother's or my biological father.

When I was 30, I decided to find out about my past. I asked my adoptive father for my paperwork, which they had kept in a safe deposit box since 1959, when they "offically" became my parents. He gave me all the documents about my adoption after I assured him I was not running away, lol. I was reunited with my biologial mother and a half sister in 1988. BioMom and I stayed close to her until her death in 1994. My adoptive Mother died in 1983 and my adoptive father died in 1994. I have one half sister and her son plus one Aunt (Eunice's sister) and her family still living.

The information below is what Eunice, BioMom, told me before she died.

Names:
Joseph Dale Galagiz - b: abt 1952 - Rock Springs, Wyoming
Terry Eugene Galaviz - b: abt 1954 - Rock Springs, Wyoming
Kenneth Robert Galaviz - b: abt 1956 - Rock Springs, Wyoming

Father Name:
Joseph Galaviz Jr. - b: 1917 Mammoth, Utah d: 1957 Rock Springs, Wyoming - Killed in car accident -

Mother Name:
Eunice Mae "June" Sheriff - b: 1928 Gordon County, Georgia d: 1994 Gordon County, Georgia

The brothers have two half sisters too. One died in 1987 from cancer. The other is still alive and living in Calhoun Georgia. Shirley, our half sister, and I stay in close contact talking to each other each week.

I have a copy of Joseph Galaviz death certificate from the State of Wyoming. After Joseph was killed, Eunice and the boys returned to Calhoun, Gordon County, Georgia.

They would have been removed from the home sometime in 1957.

Thank You for any information.

Mark Stewart - birthname: Jimmy Wayne Fuller
Old 03-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Total Points: 4,339.32
Donate
Sibling search.

I have been through the sibling discovery, search and reunion process as a child who discovered that one parent had "secret children". I believe that the experience is both eerily similar and amazing different for each of us. There just is not enough information out there to support those who are going through the process. As a psychology graduate student, I have been moved to embark on a formal empirical study of the unique phenomenon of secret/surprise sibling discovery, search and reunion. I hope to garner information regarding the unique feelings and experiences in the process to help those who are currently facing the issue. I am currently collecting data (through April 2012) via a secure, anonymous, and confidential survey at
https://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22EUATQ8UEC/
If the link becomes deactivated in the post, simply copy and paste it in your browser and you will be redirected. I would so appreciate it if you would consider participating. Feel free to share, email and/or post the link wherever and with whomever you deem appropriate. I sincerely hope that this work will be beneficial to others and that some of the frustrations and insecurities surrounding this issue will be assuaged. If you would be interested in receiving a copy of the findings (expected in August), please let me know and I will be happy to share them with you.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Total Points: 130.06
Donate
I was born in Chicago in 1953 in Cooks County. Does that help? I am looking for birth siblings or parents.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Total Points: 1,094.09
Donate
Looking for siblings

I am the oldest child born to Mary Lou Jackson - aka Morrison, aka - Eldreth, & aka - Walker. Mary is from Abingdon VA. I am searching for any info. I was born in a Booth - Salvation army home for unwed mothers on 10-21-1969 in Louisville KY. I am hoping to find someone who may have known or stayed with Mary at the sametime. I am searching for two siblings. Brother - born in Abingdon VA 3-3-73 and was placed for adoption. Also a sister who was born around 1975 given the name Melissa Dawn Eldreth. I can be contacted at txindygal@yahoo.com. Thank you
Old 04-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Total Points: 16,255.51
Donate
Hi, did you sign up on the colorado state registry?
and International Soundex Reunion Registry - ISRR
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter12
I am a male born on June 1, 1978. My birth certificate says I was born in Crawfordsville Indiana. I think I was adopted through a Huntington Indiana agency or the court system, not too sure. Not knowing much has held me back on finding where and whom I come from. The small things I know is that my birth mom and birth dad where not married and had kids of there own but do not know if that is true or not. That is about it. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks Ryan
Hi, Did you sign up with Indiana state registry.? and International Soundex Reunion Registry - ISRR and make sure your information is on the Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search database.

Joan
Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Donate
Quote:
I have been going over all of my papers. I have noticed that I had misread part of my non-identifying information. My Bmom had a child born/adopted in 1958. Her father had died at age 40 from diabetes. She had a sister that work or had worked for the Dept of Navy. Here is where my information is different. My Maternal Grandmother was NOT deceased at the time of my birth/adoption. She was 39. My Maternal Uncle was NOT deceased and was 22 at the time of my birth/adoption. He was or had been in the Air Force. Now back to work double checking names and information that I had dismissed before. Hopeful that my answers are in the research I have already done.
Hi, Sign up with International Soundex Reunion Registry - ISRR and check the database here on registry.adoption.com

Joan
Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Total Points: 1,094.09
Donate
I just registered and will mail my form today. Thanks for suggesting this site. I had never heard of this registry before. Every step I take could be the one that leads me to filling the void in my heart. Thank You
Old 04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Total Points: 137.31
Donate
Heart Looking for my brother

Hi, my name is Tracy. My mother got pregnant at 15 and was forced to give up her baby. He would have been born between 1974-1975. His name was John at birth, but it's probably different now. Her name at the time would have been Sharon Hart. Her d.o.b. is 11/13/59. I was told once that he was adopted to a family in Norwalk, WI. I just want him to know that I have been trying to find him for 14 years. The family he came from is quite hush hush about it, so they won't really give me a lot of info. I want to meet you. You have 2 nieces and 3 nephews. I don't know where our mother is anymore and she left me and our other brother when I was 3 and he 1, so I was raised by my father, Larry Riley. If anyone at all knows something that they will tell me, please do. I hope and pray to find that part of me that is missing.