adoption.com

adoption.com

JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Total Points: 2,819.00
Donate
Evansville maternity home for unwed mothers

I am looking for any mothers or children who were in any way involved with the unwed mothers Christian home on Fulton Street in Evansville, Indiana. My child, a female, was born 7-2or3,1969. This institution was all about secrecy up to and including all mothers and children having the same last name of "Christian." I'm not sure how to get around this and if the birth certificates reflected this bogus name or the real name of the mother. Thanks
Adoption Reunion Information

Looking for your birthfamily? Need assistance from the experts? Contact us today.

Your First Name
Your Last Name
Your Email Address

We'll Search for You!
New Jersey
Click here to visit Adoption.com Registry
Don't miss out on finding your match at Adoption.com's Registry. For just $9.99 per year we will do the searching for you. Receive notifications automatically. Plus...find out who is searching for you!
Adoption.com Registry

Old 05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Total Points: 267.60
Donate
Unwed Mothers Home in Evansville Indiana please call me at 972-746-7191 to discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERC
I am looking for any mothers or children who were in any way involved with the unwed mothers Christian home on Fulton Street in Evansville, Indiana. My child, a female, was born 7-2or3,1969. This institution was all about secrecy up to and including all mothers and children having the same last name of "Christian." I'm not sure how to get around this and if the birth certificates reflected this bogus name or the real name of the mother. Thanks

Please call me so we can discuss this matter. I am looking for my son and went to the same home. I have some info that will be able to help us all. I can be reached at 972-746-7191 Phyllis D
Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Total Points: 228.75
Donate
it was catholic charities, thats who my 16 yr old mom went to , to have me.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Total Points: 1,775.29
Donate
Did you get any response to your request? I was a resident at the Evansville Maternity Home and had a son Feb. 22, 1969. The councilors would ask about the type of family that we wanted our child placed with but would not give guarantees. Yes, every birth certificate listed the last name of the child as "Christian" as in Bruce Allen (my maiden name) Christian. We were treated fairly well and participated in crafts and classes.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Total Points: 285.30
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana69
Did you get any response to your request? I was a resident at the Evansville Maternity Home and had a son Feb. 22, 1969. The councilors would ask about the type of family that we wanted our child placed with but would not give guarantees. Yes, every birth certificate listed the last name of the child as "Christian" as in Bruce Allen (my maiden name) Christian. We were treated fairly well and participated in crafts and classes.
I was born in evansville on 2-22-69 and adopted thru the welfare department. I am seeking my birthmother and was curious if might be. thanks dlldaddy@aol.com
Old 03-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Total Points: 1,775.29
Donate
This site reunited me with my birthson. Thanks Adoption.com