adoption.com

adoption.com

JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Total Points: 1,340.70
Donate
Agency Choice

Hi, I would like to ask for some help in choosing an adoption agency. I am 40 years old and I am a single female. I was born and grew up in Poland and now I live in the US. I would like to adopt a child, preferably a girl, 3 to 6 years old, from Poland. I have started looking at some agencies but it is really daunting to choose and commit to one... Would anybody be able to advice and recommend an agency? I would very much appreciate some information.... Thank you
International Adoption Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
International Adoption
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 03-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Total Points: 1,061.90
Donate
It can be a little difficult to adopt a single child, especially a girl, internationally from Poland. You may have an easier time of it because you were born and grew up in Poland. Generally, however, the single child referrals and especially girls are adopted within the country. Not saying it can't be done, or that you won't be able to adopt fairly quickly, just advising you that it may be a bit tougher since you only want one, a girl, and young.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Total Points: 1,340.70
Donate
Hi Zenoria, Thank you very much for your comments. I am not sure if this changes the situation but I would also be open to adopting two siblings, 2 girls or a girl and a boy...
Would you, or anyone else have any recommendation regarding the agencies that deal with adoptions from Poland?
I know that this info needs to be done through PM. I would very greatly appreciate any help with that....
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Total Points: 15,747.51
Donate
I don't think it is unreasonable to adopt a girl between 3 and 6 yrs at all. We adopted a 23 month old girl last spring and know of 2 other people who also adopted baby girls under the age of 2. THe wait may be a bit longer, but it's not impossible.