Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Total Points: 671.83
Donate
Female adoptee born 2/4/67 at Booth Memorial Hospital San Diego ISO birth parents.
Adoption Reunion Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!

Looking for your birthfamily? Need assistance from the experts? Contact us today.

Your First Name
Your Last Name
Your Email Address

We'll Search for You!
Virginia
Click here to visit Adoption.com Registry
Don't miss out on finding your match at Adoption.com's Registry. For just $9.99 per year we will do the searching for you. Receive notifications automatically. Plus...find out who is searching for you!
Adoption.com Registry

Old 08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Total Points: 850.47
Donate
Female born 12/8/1966 Booth Hospital in Philadelphia

Female adoptee born 12/08/1966 in Philadelphia seeking medical history and information from biological mother, biological father or biological siblings. Not looking for a reunion....have had multiple serious medical issues and cancer more than once and my drs. are really wanting any biological medical information (as do I!). Thank you!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Total Points: 606.28
Donate
baby boy - Chicago, Il. 1970

I am searching for my half brother. He was born on 10/06/1970. Mother's name: Martha S. Glass, age: 17
Father's name: George Holms or Andews, age: 19?
His father was "black" and mother was "white". She was alowed to "name" him - Eric Van Glass. I would really love to find my brother. My mom was told he was being adopted by a Baptist Minister.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Total Points: 2,360.46
Donate
Birth Mom Looking for Daughter born at Booth Memorial Chicago Aug 1967

I was 13 when I got pregnant and gave birth when I was 14 in Chicago, Il at Salvation Army's Booth Memorial Home for unwed mothers.
Your name at birth, Wendy Michelle. I only knew her for 1 week before she was taken from me.
I miss her and want to know her, I want her to know me and her siblings.
I pray that we come togehter.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Total Points: 3,156.75
Donate
i was born at salvation army booth memorial hospital, Los Angeles on 12-03-70. my dr. was dr. david hernandez. i believe my name was anna m. heber. my mother was 16 and father 19. please resopnd w any info! thanks!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Total Points: 450.51
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvh1965
Female Adoptee born 8/11/1965.
Non-ID Info was very sketchy but stated Mother was 17, Father was 23.
Mother stayed at Booth Home for un-wed mothers prior to birth.
A-parents stated I was born at Immanuel Hospital, other information states I was born at Booth Memorial Hospital.
Adoption was through what is now Lutheran Family Services.
Hi, also born at Booth Mem in Omaha in 1959. Found my birth mother (deceased) last year and birth father this year. Helpful hint: birth parent is required to sign consent form to give you info. My birth mother didn't sign consent form until 1992, when I was 33. If I had tried earlier, I would have been told no and probably would have given up. Keep trying back in case consent form was signed in the interim. Good luck.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Total Points: 450.51
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndella
I was 13 when I got pregnant and gave birth when I was 14 in Chicago, Il at Salvation Army's Booth Memorial Home for unwed mothers.
Your name at birth, Wendy Michelle. I only knew her for 1 week before she was taken from me.
I miss her and want to know her, I want her to know me and her siblings.
I pray that we come togehter.
Good luck with your search. I recently found my birth mother and father and have some advice for you and other birth mothers who are searching. Check the laws of the state where you gave birth regarding the release of info to adoptees. They may require that you sign a consent form to release any info, like my mother did. Your daughter might be looking for you and is unable to access the info b/c you haven't signed something. Also, some states have adoption triad registries that act as mediators between adoptees and birth parents. Basically the state has all the information, and when an adoptee registers, they check their records for a match to a birth parent. They contact the parent and request permission to share the info, and if the birth parent consents, they match them up to each other. Usually this service is free. Also, beware of services you have to pay to do this, if the adoption was sealed, they can't access any info you can't access yourself, and you have more of a right to the info than they do to begin with. Get involved with adoption rights advocates in the state where the adoption took place, they can help direct you in many ways that might be handy to know about. Good luck!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Total Points: 1,328.35
Donate
ISO Baby Girl, Boise, ID 05/05/72

Mother was a resident at Booth Memorial Home prior to delivery at St. Lukes. Baby was adopted within days of birth.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
lawrence55
Total Points: 248.50
Donate
Heart Baby boy born 2/18/1955 in Buffalo , NY

I am a birth mother who resided at Booth Hopsital in Buffalo for 6 months. I was tutored in order to keep my school work current , made 1 lifelong friend , cared for my baby for 2 weeks after his birth before being place in foster care . Early in 1955 he was placed for adoption , and years later I learned he was placed in a family who later adopted 3 more children . I am sure he was loved---but is always in my heart ,especially today. In 1976 I was reunited with birthfather and a year later we married . " Unwed pregnancy " was whispered about in those years , and we felt we had no choice but to do what our parents said in this regard . i have photos of this beautiful boy taken in April of 1955 , as I had to consent to hernia surgery for him and a meeting was arranged for both birth parents to have a visit . We cherish these pictures .
Old 03-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Total Points: 650.87
Donate
I too lived at the Booth home and continued my education there. I gave birth to a baby girl on 2/7/69. I did not hold her because I thought I could not let her go. I regret that decision. Over all my experience in Buffalo was positive despite the anguish of decisions. I have been searching for many years. Your sister from Booth in Buffalo.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Total Points: 2,277.29
Donate
Iso Anything

I was born at Booth Hospital in Des Moines, IA --March 27,1961. My birth mother was unmarried and 20 at time of my birth. I was named Lana Rae Kaiser. I am looking for any information regarding either birth parent. I don't know much except birth mother was born in Omaha and she had a sister who was 17 when I was born. I don't know anything about my birth father.

If you want your privacy protected, I will respect that, but please provide medical info. It's horrible when you don't know your family medical history especially after you have kids of your own.

Thank you

Last edited by tmjones : 04-04-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Total Points: 232.05
Donate
Searching for Sherrill Robinson, born at Booth Memorial in Spokane on July 20th, approx. 1940. I have posted requests on every adoption site I can find and am contacting the Salvation Army, but dont hold out much hope that the adoption agency is still around 60 years later. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated P.S. Sherrill was very ill her first year of life and had not been adopted until after her first birthday. Anyone know how to track down an orphanage or where she would have been??

Last edited by crazy_cat_lady : 05-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Total Points: 1,102.94
Donate
11-25-1946

Looking for Birth Mother.
Nov. 25, 1946
Girl
Salvation Army Hospitial, Oakland, Ca.
Alameda county

birth mother was 23 years old at time of Birth

my adopted name is Carol Martha Whelan
Old 09-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Total Points: 266.66
Donate
I am looking for my half-brother who was born at the El Paso, TX Salvation Army home around 1971. I'm not sure of the birthdate, as my mother was mentally ill and could not remember. My mom gave my brother the name "David", but I'm not sure if it was on the records.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Total Points: 245.84
Donate
Unhappy searching for brother

I am searching for my brother who was born 6-29-1965 at Booth Memorial Hospital in Detroit, MI
His name given at birth was Matthew James Brooks
My mother's name was Dorothy Jayne Brooks 15
His Father's name was Ronald L. Beverly 16
My mother was told he was adopted by a school teacher. If anyone has any information please contact me. I have been searching for years with no luck