adoption.com

adoption.com

JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 04-08-2001, 06:59 AM
Archived Posts
Total Points: 0
Donate
BSSK, PUNE - adoption

Originally Posted By Prema

MY husband and I have adopted our little daughter from Pune - BSSK, she was 4 months then, and will be 2 this August. Would be very happy to share our joys of adoption and also welcome other to share their joys and experience of adoption with us. We presently live in Gulf - Dubai - United Arab Emirates. Also we are very interested in encouraging adoption esp from BSSK, I feel they are great and beautiful people as for our experience, though there are many more agencies like them in India. Please feel free to e-mail us.

Please note that there may not be a way to contact the author of this post unless they left contact information.
International Adoption Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
International Adoption
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 05-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Total Points: 171.00
Donate
BSSK

Hi Prema
My husband and I are at the "research placement agency" phase right now and would welcome info on how long the waiting list was if any at?@bssk. We are really keen to learn as much about the system as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you

Vini
Old 05-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Terry in OR
Total Points: 3,044.00
Donate
BSSK adoption

Hi Vini,

I am getting ready to travel to BSSK to bring home my daughter and would be happy to give you any information that I can. I am going through Holt for the adoption. Feel free to email me privately if you wish...terry22@quixnet.net
Old 06-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Total Points: 376.00
Donate
waiting at BSSA

Hello. I would be very interested to hear how long you waited for a child at BSSK. I am hoping to adopt from there too as I have visited them and they clearly look after the kids so well. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:39 AM
Terry in OR
Donate
From initial application to travel took me 14 months. It would probably have been quicker if I hadn't begun in another program first and switched. BSSK Bertha Verada is where my daughter was last. Bertha Verada was clean and tidy. The children were well cared for. The women caring for the children were wonderful people. Sorry to be so long in responding..getting used to the little one!
Old 01-14-2004, 10:51 PM
Total Points: 171.00
Donate
Post Address of BSSK please

We are looking for adopting a child from Pune. Can you please advise us on address of a BSSK from Pune.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Terry in OR
Donate
Hello Swati,

I believe it is 5 Koregaon Road. You might want to double check the address on the CARA website. BSSK stands for Bharatija Samaj Seva Kendra. Searching for that name on Yahoo will also give you some good information. I would highly recommend them. Hope to go back for a brother or sister for my daughter!

Terry in OR
Old 01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Total Points: 251.38
Donate
Hello, I have been working as a volunteer in BSSK for six months. it is indeed a great place with wonderful people. I'm back home since july, but those children will always be in my hart. how is your daughter now? and where are you from??

Old 04-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Total Points: 594.29
Donate
What is BSSK and where is it? I am looking to adopt from Pune. Thanks. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Total Points: 239.02
Donate
I also want to adopt from Pune..

We have recently decided to go for adoption and are trying to get as much information as we can. I want a baby soon but people say there is a wait time of atleast a year to a year an a half. Is it tru??