Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

View a sampling of recent posts in the forum categories below. View all of today's posts.
Adult Adoptees    Find support and encouragement for issues concerning adult adoptees.
  • Recent Discussions
  • I am Native American & and a search angel
  • by JillFriedlander Last comment: Yesterday at 03:28 PM
  • My non-identifying information from the State of Florida says my birth father was of Native American Decent. I am curious now that Ive read these post about ICWA law and DNA testing. I thought I read somewhere that since I am a female that I would only be able to get test results from the maternal side... Any help would be appreciated.

More Adult Adoptees Discussions »
Adoption Community Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
Local Adoption    Discuss adoption with adoptees, adoptive parents, birthparents and foster parents local to your area.
Canada Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Connecticut Delaware Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Maryland Massachusetts Massachusetts Michigan Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Hampshire New Jersey New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Vermont Virginia Washington Washington DC West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
  • Recent Discussions
  • Hello out there
  • by lakkenddracn02 Last comment: 19 Apr 2015 06:08 PM
  • They are wonderful to work with we actually got our homestudy through them. Our case was a Foster Adopt. I would defiantly recommend them to anyone whose wanting to adopt a child.

More Local Adoption Discussions »
Adoptive Parents    Before and after adopting, including stepparent adoption, those living outside the U.S., more...
  • Recent Discussions
  • when to start fundraising?
  • by smiles2012 Last comment: 3 minutes ago
  • Adoption is extremely expensive and most people dont have 30k-40k cash ready or the means to save it quickly (my child's adoption happened in 5weeks). That doesnt mean they cant afford to have children or pay for big expenses that come up as a family. Most big and unexpected/pop-up expenses hitting that high of an amount, would be covered under insurance. I would say fundraising should start...

More Adoptive Parents Discussions »
International Adoption    Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe, discuss concerns, share your stories, support, tips, more...

More International Adoption Discussions »
Birth Parents    Birth Family support, unplanned pregnancy, open adoption, reuniting & more.
  • Recent Discussions
  • Just hit by a wave of depression after 1st reunion
  • by kakuehl Last comment: 22 Apr 2015 11:36 AM
  • Kaseyb, I personally did not attend any counseling but I have known quite a few people who have found it very helpful. I think from what you say about your relationship, I would tell him that you really look forward to hearing from him and that you are sad when there is no message and at the thought of how his job is going to change the frequency of contact. Try to remember that this is really...

More Birth Parents Discussions »
Parenting    All-parent support, balancing work and family, discipline, understanding your child, more...
  • Recent Discussions
  • NY Times Interview Request
  • by emilybrennan Last comment: 11 Apr 2015 07:16 AM
  • For a New York Times article on domestic adoption, I am interested in speaking to pregnant women who are considering adoption for their child. I'm open to speaking to women at any level of consideration, from those who are already in touch with an agency to those who have given it just a passing thought. I'd like to ask you about your life and your circumstances to understand how adoption first...

More Parenting Discussions »
Community Center    For all touched by adoption: blog, stories, poetry, reviews, activism, tech support, more...

More Community Center Discussions »
Search and Reunion    Adoption birthfamily and adoptee search messages, support, reunion stories, more...
  • Recent Discussions
  • April 1983-June 1983 NY foster parent through catholic charities
  • by paramedic430 Last comment: Today at 10:09 AM
  • I'm in search of my biological parents and locating foster parents. I was born on 4/26/83 in Malone NY and was placed in foster care from birth for 8 wks. I was adopted through Catholic Charities in Watertown NY. Foster parents may have lived in Malone area(Franklin county) or watertown area(Jefferson County). Foster parents called me Allan.

More Search and Reunion Discussions »
Special Needs and Attachment    Adopting & parenting children with challenges: attachment, drug & alcohol exposure, ADHD, more...
  • Recent Discussions
  • Still not attached... 4 yrs in.
  • by SC1990 Last comment: 22 Apr 2015 10:50 PM
  • I have first hand experience with RAD. My sister and I had been with current mother (she foster us first then adopted) since she was 2 and I was 3. Even at 2 would not attach. By the time she was around 6-7 she was diagnosed with RAD. After many therapists, my mom finally found one who was very experience with RAD and was really and eye opener. People with RAD NEVER truly attach. At times it may...

More Special Needs and Attachment Discussions »
Foster Care and Adoption    Becoming a foster parent, foster parenting, adopting foster children, subsidies, & more.
  • Recent Discussions
  • Unsupportive Relatives
  • by Daniotra Last comment: Today at 10:08 AM
  • I'm pretty blunt. I would state that all the kids in my home need to be included, or you can just leave us out. Exclusions exist for events targeted at certain age/gender groups. I could understand if a particular child was destructive or disrespectful in their home that they might not want to invite the child (though they need to suck it up if all the other kids are there) but it's not fair to...

More Foster Care and Adoption Discussions »
Featured Reviews
by numbr1dbcksfan
···
Yellow Submarine
by healingfeeling
···
Fortress
by Mindybeth6
···
Roll-a-Rounds Pull & Spin Caterpillar
by Mindybeth6
···
Baby Einstein: Mimi's Toes: A Splash and Giggle Bath Book

Featured Photos
by addison07
···
2007 Adoption.com Loved Photo Contest
523 photos
121 comments
by Iyoba
···
Photo Contest 2005
255 photos
26 comments
by AdoptionPhotos
···
Adoption Photo Contest 2002
99 photos
4 comments
by Iyoba
···
Photo Contest 2005
255 photos
26 comments

Member Journals
Latest Entries Latest Journals Journal Links
What I know. .. - (12 Jul 2014 12:28 AM)
I think he was born 2 years before me but I'm not sure. I was born in 1972. Mom is Sue Ellen Smith DOB 2/22/1952 & Dad is Donnie Jay Gribble DOB 09/07/1951. My Mom & Dad are almost exactly 20 years o...
Codyis3now
Looking for biological brother (Gribble or Smith) - (07 Aug 2014 11:14 AM)
Looking for my bilogical brother born to Sue Ellen Smith from Newport News, Va, her DOB is 2/22/52....
Codyis3now
ISO Granddaughter - (20 Oct 2014 09:01 PM)
Have been searching for Granddaughter since 2003.She was born in North Myrtle Beach, SC, but was adopted in Brunswick County NC. Birthdate 10/07/1982. She had red hair at birth. Would like very muc...
collectstwo
birth mother - (19 Dec 2014 11:38 PM)
i have no idea if anyone will read this or see this but i just have so much on my mind i feel like this is the one way to maybe help me out my name is elizabeth and I'm 23. i was born on 11/25/1991...
elizabethbrooke
Codyis3now's Journal - (12 Jul 2014 12:28 AM)
Codyis3now
Codyis3now's Journal - (07 Aug 2014 11:14 AM)
Codyis3now
collectstwo's Journal - (20 Oct 2014 09:01 PM)
collectstwo
elizabethbrooke's Journal - (19 Dec 2014 11:38 PM)
elizabethbrooke
Top Journals

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 131 (3 members and 128 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 8,966, 09-22-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Legend
Administrators | Community Moderators | Moderators | News Moderator | Premium Members | Staff
Adoption.com Forums Statistics
Adoption.com Forums Statistics
Threads: 403,718, Posts: 2,944,960, Members: 234,323
Welcome to our newest member, livingnpeace2
Today's Events
Events

Contains New Posts   Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts   Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum   Forum is Closed for Posting