Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 01-28-2001, 08:57 AM
Archived Posts
Total Points: 0
Donate
Lake Bluff Children's Home, IL

Originally Posted By Corrinne K. Brenner

I am looking for anyone that was adopted through Lake Bluff Children's Home in Chicago, Illinois. I'm wondering if the home worked closely with a particular maternity home or hospital. I am having a hard time learning which hospital I was born in. Birth cert. just says Cook County, no hospital listed. Any advise would be appreciated.

Please note that there may not be a way to contact the author of this post unless they left contact information.
Adoption Reunion Information
Our reunion registry can aid your search for your birth family. Premium memberships available, offering benefits like:
  • Automatic searching
  • See who's viewed your profile
  • Higher message limit
  • Copy of Search & Reunion E-book ($19.95 value)
  • Just $9.99 / yr!
We'll Search for You!
New Jersey
Click here to visit Adoption.com Registry
Don't miss out on finding your match at Adoption.com's Registry. For just $9.99 per year we will do the searching for you. Receive notifications automatically. Plus...find out who is searching for you!
Adoption.com Registry

Old 02-17-2001, 09:02 PM
Archived Posts
Donate
Re: Lake Bluff Children's Home, IL

Originally Posted By sherilundgren@prodigy.net

Hi - I believe I was adopted thru Lake Bluff Childrens Home - I know they are now known as ChildServ out of Park Ridge - I was born and adopted in 11/1963- If you would like to contact me please email at: sherilundgren@prodigy.net

Please note that there may not be a way to contact the author of this post unless they left contact information.
Old 03-18-2001, 08:39 AM
Archived Posts
Donate

Originally Posted By shuggy37@hotmail.com

I was also adopted through Lake Bluff Children’s home in Oct. 1962. I also know it to be Child Serv. I am also actively looking for my birthmother. Male, 38 yrs. old.

Old 03-18-2001, 08:50 AM
Archived Posts
Donate
Re: Re: Lake Bluff Children's Home, IL

Originally Posted By shuggy37@hotmail.com

Hi! Just read your message. I was also adopted thru Lake Bluff Children’s Home, 10/62. I have tried searching for my birthmother. No luck so far. I live in New Mexico. Male 38. Your first people to come across from Lake Bluff Children’s Home. Write if you would like to contact me.

Old 04-12-2001, 09:51 AM
Archived Posts
Donate

Originally Posted By Tina

I was adopted thru Lake Bluff Children's home in 1955. I was born at cook county hosp. I wrote to hosp and got records of birth using my bio-mothers name. good luck.

Old 05-06-2001, 10:35 PM
Archived Posts
Donate

Originally Posted By Paula Groen

Try Edgewater Hospital The adoption agency is no longer Lake Bluff it is now Parkridge Child Serve Adoption Agency. Good luck im looking for a half brother named Robert Eugene Moore well that was his name at birth

Old 05-06-2001, 10:40 PM
Archived Posts
Donate
Re: Re: Re: Lake Bluff Children's Home, IL

Originally Posted By Paula Groen

Im in search of my half brother he was adopted out of lake bluff and im having a terrible time door closed every time he was born in 1959 my e-mail is wyliene@yahoo.com if you would like to talk

Old 03-07-2002, 08:58 PM
Archived Posts
Donate
Re: Re: Lake Bluff Children's Home, IL

Originally Posted By Peggy Inama

I have been searching for my son, born 11/21/65 at Little Co. of Mary Hosp, and Child Serve has not been
any help to me. They originally said they have had
some reunions, but, after 3 months they don't want to
answer my calls. Very disappointing.

Old 10-21-2002, 07:03 AM
Total Points: 182.00
Donate
lake bluff repy

I was placed in Lake Bluff in 1/62. I was born at Oak Park (IL) Hospital.

Hope this is usefull!
Old 10-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Total Points: 142.00
Donate
Hi. My mother was adopted in 1951 out of Lake County, Illinois. Her birth name is Sternard and her adopted name is Brennan. Please email me at "wildhogchick@yahoo.com" if you have any information.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Total Points: 115.00
Donate
I was adopted out of Lake Bluff Children's Home in March of '62. I also lookig for what hospitals Lake Bluff may have worked with.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Total Points: 4,157.00
Donate
Thumbs up Cook County Hospital

There is a hospital in Chicago, IL. by the name of Cook County Hospital. The reason I know, I gave birth to a son and I am looking for him. He was born on March 25, 1969 at 12:15pm. I only wish I could out find what agency took him. If anyone has any information, please feel free to leave a reply here or e-mail me at: sjprincess1@aol.com Thank you and GOOD LUCK!!
Ps. I wish more people would put their birhdate on the post subject so a person wouldn't have to go through every one that says "looking for birthmother".
Old 02-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Total Points: 4,157.00
Donate
cook county hospital (To Tina)

To Tina,
I was wondering if you can help me. You said in the message that you were able to get your bios from that hospital. I have been trying for years to get my records to see if I could find what happened to my son. If you can give me that info, I would be most gratefull. You can either place it here or please e-mail me at: sjprincess1@aol.com Thank you!

Ps. To everyone else: When I read that message I got so excited, I made a mistake and started another thread. SORRY!!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Robbirdy78
Donate
Helping a friend.

I have a friend who was recently told that her sister was adopted out of Lake Bluff Children’s home. She has no access to a computer so I am helping her in her search.

She is looking for anyone with the birth name of Waindle.
Her mothers name is Mary Lynn Waindle. She was recently told she had a sister who was adopted out of Lake Bluff Children’s home. She was told her sisters name was Zita Marie Waindle, she was born March 3, 1964. She was also told that her sister may have something to do with a memorial home for unwed mothers.
If anyone can help us, it would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to e-mail me at Robbirdy78@yahoo.com

Thank you, and good luck to all.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Total Points: 131.00
Donate
Lake Bluff Children's Home

A baby boy born 11-30-64 was adopted from Lake Bluff Children's Home. Legal name is Ron Hessler and birth name from birth parents is unknown at this time. I am searching for his info on his adoption. Any information would be helpful, I am his wife and he is aware of search. Thank you.
P.S. I was thrilled to find a website that had actual people adopted from this home listed!!!!!!

Last edited by helpmate : 06-24-2003 at 03:51 PM.