Adoption.com Forums (http://forums.adoption.com/)
-   Guatemala Adoption (http://forums.adoption.com/guatemala-adoption/)
-   -   Happy "Un" Turkey Day!? and a prayer for Addison (http://forums.adoption.com/guatemala-adoption/225486-happy-un-turkey-day-prayer-addison.html)

jnancynancy 11-25-2005 03:21 PM

Poor honey bear! Kisses from us!

foxl 11-25-2005 03:26 PM

Jen,

Sending a ton of <<<<<HEALING VIBES>>>>> your way, for you AND Addison! I hope you both get soem rest and recuperation, and get to celebrate EXTRA in a few days!

mildredjohn 11-25-2005 03:34 PM

Your story is beautiful and really make me think about the real meaning of this celebration. We hope that Allison get well very soon! you both are in our prayers.

Keep us updated.

many blessings,

mary594 11-25-2005 05:43 PM

Jen how horrible and scary. Please keep us posted on how she is doing. I will keep you both in my prayers and I can't wait to see the post and pictures of Addison eating turkey.

Mary

adoptionnewbie 11-25-2005 05:52 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that Addison is not feeling well!
Get well soon, sweetie! And mommy, please try and get some rest!

MLRJ 11-25-2005 07:50 PM

Oh DEar- will say special prayers for her health to improve tonight- high fevers are scary. Stay strong mom!

MLRJ

tandc999 11-25-2005 08:39 PM

Awwwww. I hope that Addison gets better reall soon. I had tears in my eyes as I pictured her saying DaaDoo and blowing kisses. I will say a prayer for her and for your strength tonight as I go to sleep.

chica_latina 11-25-2005 09:05 PM

I'm so sorry your sweetie is sick!

I will keep you and your daughter in my prayers!

Myrna ((HUGS))

KellyMigoya 11-25-2005 09:22 PM

How is Addison?

astra 11-25-2005 09:32 PM

Many good thoughts and prayers for little Addison!!!!
I sure hope she is feeling better soon

honeycustard 11-25-2005 09:49 PM

Give He A Big Kiss From Jennifer And Gillian

HI JEN. GIVE Addison a big get well kiss and hug from all of us here. I am so sorry that she had to go through that. Belive me, i went through it with Gililan and was not pleasant.

Let me know what they found. Did they do a urine culture on her.

When Gililan ran a high fever and they check everything, they urine had a very high bacteria in it and found out that she had Kidney reflux.

Eve

JanCA 11-25-2005 10:55 PM

Jen,
I read your post earlier but didn't have a minute to reply. Been thinking about you and Addison all day. Hope and pray that she is well soon and both of you are back to your giggly selves. Keep us all posted.

AddisonsMommy 11-25-2005 11:05 PM

Hi Everyone

Hey all,

THANK YOU so much for all your prayers and good wishes...and sweet thoughts. It makes such a difference and helps me feel I'm not alone!

Addison is doing a "little" better tonight. She still has fever, but not as dangerously high. She did sleep for a big 11 hour stretch last night. God bless her, she was exhausted. I myself got only about 5 hours of sleep, I just could not rest with knowing how badly she felt.

She hasn't kept much food down in about 3 days...it comes up or goes right through her. Urine culture was negative for any icky stuff. BUT the reason we acted so quickly and aggressively is because she was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection less than 10 days ago. I figured perhaps the antibiotics did not work well enough and she was worse instead of better. It is SO HARD to tell when they cannot talk or say what's wrong, or tell you where it hurts...

Anyway, she has been laying low and sleeping better today, so at least her body is telling her YOU NEED REST, instead of "STAY UP, don't miss a thing"....Plus I think she's just so miserable she doesn't want to play, run around or be her chirpy little self. It's hard to see that other side of your happy child, for sure!

I'll check in again tomorrow...Thanks everyone for all your concern. You are a wonderful collection of caring, kind, giving souls!

Jen
and Addison, who is sleeping (thank you god!)

clazarc1 11-26-2005 04:17 AM

Jen,

My goodness so sorry to hear Addison is not feeling well. I am hoping she is feeling better soon and I will keep her in my prayers. You brought tears to my eyes when you decribed how it feels being a parent. I feel the same everytime I hold my son near and make him feel better when he is sick. What a wonderful feeling.

Christine

Princesa's Mama 11-26-2005 10:30 AM

I haven't been on for several days, Jen! I hope Addison is doing better! What a scary thing to go through!