Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 06-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Total Points: 1,015.00
Donate
TN laws on step-children adoption

My husband has joint custody of his 3 children, and has had for over 4 years. His ex pops in and out of the childrens lives, they see her maybe 3 to 4 times a year with no phone calls, except to say she's around and wants to see them. She has not paid child support from the first day, and is abusive EVERYTIME she comes to pick them up (abusive to my husband, and me). We've been to court many, many times over child support, and the abuse.........with NO LUCK! We have learned that she is in prision on drug related charges, and will be there for awhile. Based on her long negitive history, and her imprisonment would the courts allow me to adopt the children even if she didn't want me too?