Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Total Points: 156,830.49
Donate
Really REALLY fed up with bio mom and my agency

So basically, when bio was denied parole the judge said that TPR needs to be filed...right now TPR is set for end of August.

So I get a call from Niece's caseworker saying Bio is wanting a FTM BUT only DH can attend.

I asked if she's allowed to do that and the CW said yes. I got an email today saying she followed up with her supervisor who confirmed that parents can exclude FPs from the meeting if they want. She suggested that I make sure that DH and I discuss in depth our positions on open adoption and anything else we thing we might need to discuss so "my voice can be heard."

DH said he'll go but refuse to discuss anything regarding post adoptive contact, etc...but it frankly ticks me off. She's my daughter, I'M her primary care giver, I'm home with her all day, I'm the one she trusts, I'm the one who will have to deal with any post adoptive contact (DH works 60 hrs/week)...but I'm the one being specifically excluded. 1st of all, I think the meeting is a waste of time, 2nd I think that they are going to try to convince my husband to agree to an open adoption in exchange for her relinquishing her rights and that's just not going to happen.

IDK why my agency believes DH and I are going to allow this woman to divide and concur us...to save them some work in regards to TPR.

Children born to another woman call me “Mom.” The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me. ~ Jody Landers
Adoption Information
Maria & Gene (CA)
are hoping to adopt
Maria & Gene hoping to adopt A Service of Adoption Profiles
Hoping to Adopt?
New Jersey
Click here to visit Adoptions From The Heart
Building beautiful families through adoption since 1985. A leader in open adoption, AFTH provides services to pregnant women wishing to create an adoption plan and adoptive families seeking to create a family.
Adoptions From The Heart
(800) 355-5500   Fax (610) 642-7938

Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Sure, why not?
Total Points: 95,423.94
Donate
Wow, this really stinks. This is a control issue for bio mom.
I would certainly have DH go, but to take notes, and have you on call to answer any immediate questions.
Then you can discuss his notes and email a reply to the worker / supervisor.
never BTDT with a child in care, but had a similar issue with my DH first wife. (we have full custody) The Terrorist was mad because I was the full-time caregiver, and she could not control me or DH anymore.
DH had mediation, and Terrorist refused to let me attend.
So, this is what we did, and it worked wonders.

We had kiddos from our "Practice Marriages"

BS Bevis 1990
BD Eeyore 1993
BD Brain 1994
AD Pinki 1995
BD Owl 1998
BD Tigger 2000
BD Frog 2003
AD Lula 2004
AS Lil' Professor 2010

PRIDE 01/2010
Licensed 08/2010

First Placement :
08/2010 : The 3 Musketeers; RU
09/2010: Parrot ; Adopted Non Relative
09/2010 : Lil Professor; Adopted by US!
09/2011 : Phoenix , RU

11/15/2011 Call for Match - siblings- Adopt only
11/19/2011 Girls arrive 7 & 16 years old
06/2012 adopted by us!

Respite to many

My day :

Motto : Always room for 1 more
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Total Points: 99,714.60
Donate
I'm surprised that they would let her do that. Since your the primary care giver I would think the sw should trump bio mom saying that you are part of the team and that your input is important.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth30
I'm surprised that they would let her do that. Since your the primary care giver I would think the sw should trump bio mom saying that you are part of the team and that your input is important.

Ugh...Unfortunately, this is par for the course with what we've experienced with this agency.

Children born to another woman call me “Mom.” The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me. ~ Jody Landers
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 AM

Total Points: 485,140.13
Donate
This is simply absurd!! And the fact that your agency would want to discuss "open adoption" when you are not even allowed to sit at the table and will be probably the most "active" participant in the open adoption....It really makes you wonder about people's common sense!!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveajax
This is simply absurd!! And the fact that your agency would want to discuss "open adoption" when you are not even allowed to sit at the table and will be probably the most "active" participant in the open adoption....It really makes you wonder about people's common sense!!

My husband are on the same page about open adoption agreement in exchange for relinquishment...we won't agree to it. We felt the same way about our DD when this was brought up. We're absolutely in favor of an open adoption, but we don't want a parent surrendering their rights as a result of the promise of an open adoption. We feel like it's a problem if we have to close the adoption later.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM

Total Points: 485,140.13
Donate
Oh, phew...I understand. Good luck to DH!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Total Points: 202,915.23
Donate
I actually would refuse to send DH without you. It is not a good set up doing in. Sure, they can have a meeting without FP's but they can't pick which one to allow. The agency letting bmom do this is just a big of problem bmom's manipulation and power play. I can't see anything good coming out of it. If she doesn't want you physically present and will allow you to participate via phone conference, that might be acceptable, but allowing the bmom to choose which parent comes. No way!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Total Points: 74,667.95
Donate
Wow. I've never heard of such a thing before. Everytime I think a division does something odd another story (like this one) tops the previous.

BD 26 BD 24
BS 22 BS 22 BS 19
BS 12 Only bio child left at home

Current foster kiddos;

11/2012 - present Goal adoption by us

11, 7; 5
Old 07-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Total Points: 41,614.88
Donate
That is awful - You do need to have your voice heard, it is good that your DH and you are on the same page.

I would so want to be there - It is were me I would want DH to have me on the phone and put the phone on the table or in a shirt pocket so I could hear everything.
But the phone better be on "mute" because I am not one to hold back my opinion or to stay quiet where the welfare of my little one is involved (which kind of surprises even me, and everyone thinks that I am a nice, quiet lady )
TPR February 2013
March - September waited for the redacted files
November 19, 2013 - We are now a Forever and Ever and Two Days Family

Current Placement July 2014
Li'l Abner (Li'l Singer's half? brother) - Six weeks old
Goal: Relative Adoption concurrent with Non-Relative Adoption.

Former Placement May - July 2014
Sunny - 3 year old
Placed with sibling at Kinship home
Old 07-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Total Points: 39,497.62
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingMama
That is awful - You do need to have your voice heard, it is good that your DH and you are on the same page.

I would so want to be there - It is were me I would want DH to have me on the phone and put the phone on the table or in a shirt pocket so I could hear everything.
But the phone better be on "mute" because I am not one to hold back my opinion or to stay quiet where the welfare of my little one is involved (which kind of surprises even me, and everyone thinks that I am a nice, quiet lady )

I think the phone idea is wonderful. Also DH shouldn't agree to anything! His only answer should be "I need to discuss this with my wife, and when we come to a decision, we will let you know."
Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Total Points: 18,192.40
Donate
I'd do the phone thing. Or a mini recorder so you can hear it all later especially if your DH is like mine and loses things in translation.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Total Points: 22,280.69
Donate
That is crazy! Of course bios would much rather deal with me than DH. I am much more reasonable. She should it be allowed to play games at this stage of things.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 AM
Total Points: 99,566.77
Donate
Send him and make him step out and call you for EVERY decision. They want to make it hard, make it hard.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Total Points: 44,008.59
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster1Mom
Send him and make him step out and call you for EVERY decision. They want to make it hard, make it hard.

I like this. Mom would be getting exactly what she asked for but would not get the power to manipulate with it she was hoping.
Bio Baby expected Feb 2015