Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Premium Member
Total Points: 502,444.78
Donate
Driving me up the wall (vent)

This is purely a vent! So be warned! Lol.

When phone calls started 15 months ago, I got a google number. We had nightly phone calls. Recently, Aman has started not wanting to talk to her about 50% of the week. CW stated phone calls were up to AMan.

So now, Biomom gets very upset if Aman refuses a call. She will text me daily asking if he is calling.

I ignore it. She texts again. No response from me.

Then she leaves me a voicemail in a rude tone wanting to talk to "HER son". (she says it in a proprietal tone which really gets my hackles up, since he is NOT her property!)

I made the mistake once of texting her back to tell her that he said he doesnt want to talk. She texts back and asks why.

I tell her because he is wanting to watch a movie or play with toys or etc....whatever his reason.

Biomom asks if I can ask him again after he is done. I am done with this back and forth stuff. I am done with the constant texts and voicemails.

So, I deleted my google number. It felt GREAT knowing she can't just get a hold of me any time or make demands via texts.

I now work in home health care....and therefore have a work cell phone that automatically blocks the number for me! So I am going to use that for when Aman feels like calling her.

AHHHH!!! Feels good to be free! I'm going to kind of snicker when she tries to text me/call me tomorrow and it won't go through!

And after her adoption question, I will no longer talk to her on the phone anymore. Period.

I don't care what the CW says.

AHHH! That felt good too! REALLY hope magistrate rules to schedule TPR hearing next week, cause I don't know if I can put up with this biomom another year!!!

Current Placements:
Mighty Mouse:12 mo old , medically fragile placed 3/14 at just a few days after turning 3 months old.
Adoption Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
Adoption Confererence
Click here to visit Adoptive Parents Committee
Adoptive Parents Committee 33rd Annual Adoption Conference: Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013 St. Francis College, Brooklyn, NY 75 Workshops/50 Exhibitors/Bookstore Register Online or call (212)304-8497
Adoptive Parents Committee
(212) 304-8479  

Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Total Points: 202,595.72
Donate
Good for you! If Aman doesn't want to speak with her he shouldn't be forced to. He's dealing with his own issues right now and normalcy is what he is craving. Good for you for putting his needs first and getting away from her frustrating treatment of you.

12/2012 Got the call for twin girls, age three
8/2013 Got the call for a boy, age 15 months

10/14 switched from FFA to County

1 bio son
1 adopted son- Placed 09/2013, Adopted 4/2014

Not in our home, but in our hearts - Twin A and B, age five 12/12-11/13
Many emergency and short term placements
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Florida GAL (aka CASA)
Total Points: 26,716.90
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMommy
Good for you! If Aman doesn't want to speak with her he shouldn't be forced to. He's dealing with his own issues right now and normalcy is what he is craving. Good for you for putting his needs first and getting away from her frustrating treatment of you.

ditto that.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Nope...I don't get it.
Total Points: 170,243.43
Donate
Yay for peace!
AS-Chuckles -2-Placed 8/12-Relinquished 12/13-Finalized 11/14
Licensed 10/2010... Current Placements:
Pumpkin-1 Placed 12/2013 Goal-RU
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Total Points: 157,549.26
Donate
Its so hard for us to be tough and do what is best for us and our family...we fear the backlash which is really ridiculous when the bioparents don't care one bit what the reaction will be to how they act!!

Placements:
11/11 - Peanut :

Former placement
12/11 - 6/13 - Firecracker moved to adoptive family
Old 01-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Premium Member
Total Points: 502,444.78
Donate
AHH! First night without google number. Aman didn't want to call biomom tonight.I didn't have to deal with constant texts or voicemail asking/demanding to talk to her son.

It was SOOO nice. Gives me some idea of how amazing it will be after TPR!!!! I can't wait now...makes me even more antsy.

And my imagination makes me grin when I think of how pissed off she is right now that she can't get ahold of me whenever she wants.

Current Placements:
Mighty Mouse:12 mo old , medically fragile placed 3/14 at just a few days after turning 3 months old.