Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 04-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Total Points: 41,723.97
Donate
Gift Ideas for New Adoptive Family

Hi All! My former foster placement of twins have been in their foster-to-adopt home for a year now and are going to be adopted soon! I am so excited. We have stayed in their lives, so it has been a WONDERFUL experience for us.

Anyways, we have been invited to the adoption ceremony and party and I need some adoption gift ideas. Not only for the family as a whole, but for the big brother and sister (early teens) and for the new soon-to-be-adopted little ones as well who are now 3 - boy and girl

One idea I had was a Cabbage Patch doll - do you think that would be appropriate for the little ones?
Adoption Information
Michael & Melanie (NC)
are hoping to adopt
Michael & Melanie hoping to adopt A Service of Adoption Profiles
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
Domestic Adoption?
Washington
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 04-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Total Points: 452,276.43
Donate
As a whole family I would think a gift card, with maybe an extra gift for the twins, cabbage patch kids....my boys had them. I like glo worms too as a small gift.
How exciting that your included.
BioS 12 yrs old

Current placements:

FD Newborn plan: Waiting for TPR. RU is terminated...its us or a family member. placed at 2 days old 1-14
FD 8 Plan: Looking for family. 10-14

Former placements: Just too many to put down now. We do ER work as well as long term
Old 04-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Buy American

Total Points: 446,342,886,627,692.38
Donate
Not sure what you are thinking of spending, but maybe a membership to a local zoo or museum or such? Something the whole family could do together.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Total Points: 77,318.98
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPline
Not sure what you are thinking of spending, but maybe a membership to a local zoo or museum or such? Something the whole family could do together.

THAT is a great idea! I think any family would love that.

FINALIZED June 14, 2011!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Total Points: 69,980.73
Donate
I have family that want to give a special gift that fits a talent they have, like a quilt or a scrapbook. We have had many suggestions, but a piggy bank was one of the best ideas we have had. It encourages saving and the little kids LOVE to drop the coins into it. FS is jealous of DD's, and she just smiles because she knows that if we get to adopt she gets to pick one out for him. Target has AWESOME ones, with themes and holiday ones. I saw a cowboy one that was really cute the other day.

Otherwise, what about a project they can all do together, or the Family Membership like DP said. Those would be great ideas.

Have you asked the family what they would like?
Old 04-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Premium Member
Total Points: 502,514.78
Donate
I love the zoo idea....but also "Build a bear" is great as well. Fun for the kids and a great bonding activity.

Or one of those places where you decorate pottery and they put it in the kiln for you. Pick it up 2 weeks later.

Current Placements:
Mighty Mouse:12 mo old , medically fragile placed 3/14 at just a few days after turning 3 months old.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Total Points: 39,086.90
Donate
Those are all really cute ideas! You may have already done it, since they have been with the family for a year now, but my favorite gift from our kid's former foster parents were picture books from the time they spent with the family. Shutterfly makes great ones.
"D" Home 11/1/09
D's Adoption Finalized 8/17/10!!!
Matched 1/27/11
"I" Home 2/9/11
I's Adoption Finalized 8/2/11!!!

10/26/11 Informed "I" has a baby sibling
"I's" Sibling "A" Home 11/2/11
TPR scheduled for March 2012 then continued until April. then continued again and AGAIN!!! And then scheduled for trial in June 2012 because the county screwed this up and bio dad's attorney found a loop hole!!! And postponed AGAIN!!!!!!!!! Finally terminated parental rights in July 2012.
And then bio dad appealed. Still waiting... Ruling on appeal upholding TPR April 2013... Hoping to finalize by August 2013