Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Total Points: 9,843.69
Donate
Writing a goodbye letter

Hi Everyone,

My FS is being reunified on Friday, after 11 months with us. I have been trying to write him a goodbye letter, but am having the worse time with this. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to say? This is just breaking my heart!
Domestic Adoption?
Virginia
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 AM
Total Points: 5,669.03
Donate
How old is your fs?
FD - 7 placed 6/4/05 - TPR 5/5/06
Old 09-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Donate
He is 17 months. He has never lived with his mom, since he was born.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Just a mom

Total Points: 173,336.28
Donate
I'm sorry. This is so incredibly hard.

I always like to tell the kids that I will love them forever. Even if we never get to see each other, I'll still love them and I wish for their happiness forever. And, at such a young age, I tell them that they may not remember me, but I'll never forget them.

It's a bittersweet thing. Our 4 went to Grandma and Auntie on Friday. You only want the best for them and sometimes they don't get it. It hurts, but, in time, you can get past the biggest part of the pain. But you never stop loving them.

Hugs and prayers to you
Old 09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Total Points: 5,503.21
Donate
I totally feel your pain. We are going through the same thing. Our 8 1/2 month foster son is leaving us on Friday. He has been with us since Feb 5 and we are completely heartbroken. We always have a rough time when our foster kids leave but this time we are devastated. Even though we knew from the begining that a family member was working on becoming foster certified so she could take him.

We are writing a letter, too, to put in his life book. Ours says how much we love him, how happy we for him and his family (about the ru), and how we hope to see him again. We are also writing a letter to the family asking them to allow us to stay in contact. We have an email address that we give out to families of former foster kids and I will make sure that it is in both letters.

I haven't completely finished the letter but if you want I'd be happy to pm you a rough draft! Just let me know.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Donate
Hi Shelley,

If you wouldn't mind sharing your letter, I would greatly appreciate it. Everytime I sit down to write the letter, I end up in tears.

Jackie