Family Forums
Parenting Forums
Pregnancy Forums
Unplanned Pregnancy
Adoption Forums
Fertility Forums

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Mom to 6 now!
Total Points: 34,579.27
Donate
I have to tell each one of you how much your support has meant to me in our journey. Maybe because you each agree with me. ha-ha!

An update on our situation; I originally posted in January 2010. Here we are in September and MY KIDDOS ARE HOME!!! Praising God for that! We were matched with them in Nov./Dec. 2009. The kids have been home since July 2010 and are really settling in well. My sister, and family in general, have not come around. My twin sister, who I originally posted about, has only come to see the kids once, is now to the point that she doesn't answer/return my phone calls, e-mails, and won't even post my comments on her blog. Pretty petty, but Christian according to their beliefs. Please pray for her and her family. They are involved in a very cultish church that has a tight grip on them. It breaks my heart, but what else do you do but trust in God?

I thank you for your continued support. This post seems to strike people as it keeps coming back to the top.

I pray God's blessings of peace and contentment in YOUR lives.

Traci

If you want to see my beautiful kiddos (all 6 of them) and our crazy life, send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite to my blog.
Happy Christ Following, Home Schoolin', Hobby Farming, Simple Living, Wife and Mom to 6 now, but don't know how to change my user name! Two Home-Grown, Four Adoption Miracles; One home at birth, three siblings joined our family through inter-state foster care adoption.

July 2008 - Started state home study.
August 2009 - Finally completed state study!
November 2009 - Contacted by Adopt America Network about three siblings.
December 11, 2009 - Met our kiddos for the weekend and agreed to move forward!
July 29, 2010 - Our Florida Sunshine came home!
January 31, 2010 - We Finalized!
Old 10-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Total Points: 12,097.17
Donate
I'm so glad to hear that your kids are all home. I'll keep your sister in my prayers, as it is not our job as humans to judge. That is up to God. Whether or not your sister agrees with your choice to adopt these children and accept the subsidy, God is all about relationships. I'm sure He is grieving the loss of her relationship with you.

I will pray that she comes to realize that you don't have to agree with someone to love them and be part of their life.

(((Hugs)))
Old 11-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Total Points: 6,978.25
Donate
I would tell her that it is not her duty to judge you. I would tell her what you told us, that you love her very much and don't want to hurt her feelings. Tell her you will pray about it, and if God tells you in more ways than one that you should not accept the money that you will obey God and him only.