Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 02:15 AM
zeppelingrl zeppelingrl is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Total Points: 2,648.57

few years ago i got into some trouble with drugs and i

was sent to state prison for 1 year.during that time i

gave verbal consent to my grandparents to take

guardianship of my son,somehow this was made into an

adoption.... .i had no idea they had done this.
when i paroled from prison in july of 2004, i assumed

responsibility for my 5 yr old son.its been a whole year

now since ive seen or spoken with him
on may 2nd 2006 i returned to my home from a week

long buisiness trip and he was gone-along with my

grandparents. i later found out through my uncle that

my grandparents decided to give my son up for

adoption and move into an assisted living community

my uncle lives in orange county-anahiem; CA. i suspect

this to be the general area that my son is in.he is now six

years old;
i have spoken with many attyns. but it all boils down to

money. i need to hire a family law/adoption attny.

please help me!!!

i was in prison when the adoption took place. but my

grandparents talked to me all the time,almost every day

on the phone. and brought my son to visit me once a

when they disappeared in may of 2006, my

grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer

(hence:the sudden decision to give him up) she passed

away in aug 2006. my granfather is still M.I.A.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:12 AM
RavenSong's Avatar
RavenSong RavenSong is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,189
Total Points: 179,789.85
My only suggestion is to contact Legal Aid. They provide free legal advice, and could at least advise you on what your next step should be.

I don't understand how they were able to adopt your son without your written consent. You would have had to sign the relinquishment papers. California is pretty strict about that. Are you sure it was a legal adoption?

Have you asked your parole officer for advice? He or she might have a better idea of what's going on....

What does not kill me, makes me stronger. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols, 1888, German Philosopher (1844-1900)

Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Jackiejdajda Jackiejdajda is offline

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,686
Total Points: 679,177.21
I am so sorry this has happened to you..

RavenSong made some good suggestions.. I honestly can not think of any..

Keep trying and do not give up..

Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Points Per Thread View: 1.00
Points Per Thread: 15.00
Points Per Reply: 5.00

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 PM.