Family Forums
Parenting Forums
Pregnancy Forums
Unplanned Pregnancy
Adoption Forums
Fertility Forums

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Total Points: 4,655.93
Donate
Possible adoption while Pregnant!

Hi, all! We are in an interesting situation. We work with pregnant teens in an outreach ministry. Within the last month, one of our girls has asked us to adopt her baby who is due in March of '08. We have been praying and asking for counsel on this decision. Last Friday, we found out I am pregnant and due in June of '08 with our second. We haven't made a definite decision yet. We are praying for God to make it abundantly clear. Any advice? Any experience with this??
Adoption Community Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Total Points: 6,864.30
Donate
Well, it would be like having twins. God will guide you, he never gives us more than we can handle. Right! My youngest two are two months apart and it can be done. They are both adopted. Someone I know just went through this and she is doing great.

The Journey
Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
loving motherhood
Total Points: 1,466.65
Donate
my husband and i both have fertility issues that are part of why we pursued foster care and adoption.

although it's extremely unlikely that we'd get pregnant on our own, it's not technically impossible (of course with God all things are possible anyway!)

we haven't been taking any measures to 'prevent' so there is always a concern in the back of my mind that we could end up pregnant. if we were to conceive today we'd be due on our youngest foster child's first birthday! on a side note, our older two are less than a year apart as well.

as far as i know there isn't anything that says you can't adopt a child just because you're pregnant, no matter how young you're trying to adopt.

best of luck.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Total Points: 19,801.85
Donate
I just wondered what you decided?

Tunay
8/99 Started ttc, 1/02 to 8/03 Fertility treatments, 11/04 Domestic hs finished/Licensed, 9/06 Began process for Guat adoption, 11/17/06 Foster son (fs) came to us at 5 mo old, 12/18/06 Our Guat son born, 02/26/07 DNA a match!, 05/03/07 Received PA notice, 07/11/07 OUT of PGN, 08/10/07 Embassy Appointment, 08/14/07 Returned home with our son, 2/08 fs bio-father signed surrenders, 5/08 fs bio-mother signed surrenders, 10/01/08 fs is finally adopted and is now our son!

Failed match with extended family member before our HS was even complete June '09. HS approved July '09 and looking for a domestic match privately and with a couple referral services. Hoping to adopt a baby girl to complete our family.