Family Forums
Parenting Forums
Pregnancy Forums
Unplanned Pregnancy
Adoption Forums
Fertility Forums

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Happy Mommy of 1
Total Points: 3,760.00
Donate
Lightbulb Baptist in Oklahoma/ waiting child adoption.

Hello ! my name is Gidgit and I am an adoptive mother to be. I am looking for other adoptive mothers to connect with and especially people who have adopted older/teens. We have a finalization in October and are praying God will bless us with a young sibling group.

If you are interested in making a new friend who is a great prayer support please PM me or just reply to this post.

I am struggling with the wait and I guess I have been feeling a bit down about life. I know God has a plan and will guide me I just need a few extra prayers!
Thanks!
H.Elise 10/1987
(Will be final in October!)
Potential Match 07/05
Failed Match 08/05
Decided to wait 2 more years for boys 09/05

Old 08-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Total Points: 4,273.11
Donate
I am from Oklahoma. I will pray for you and your husband. I adopted 18 years ago and my daugher will be leaving to go to college soon. My daughter has been a blessing from God. God bless you and your husband and have faith.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Total Points: 1,349.85
Donate
Gidgit

My name is Sheila. I am an adoptive Mom myself. My son was 9 years old when we adopted him. I know how rough the waiting can be especially when you don't have other children in the home. I don't know your situation but I went through infertility. Please feel free to write me back. I don't remember how to do this so our messages can be private. If that is how you want to communicate that's fine with me. Or I can just check back on your post. I live in Michigan. We are in the process of adopting again. I spoke with one case worker today about a little girl and they will be considering us. I'm going to warn you though. If the kids are not in your home yet. The transition time can be rough. They will test EVERYTHING you say or tell them to do. Stand firm. They may say they don't like you but eventually they will come around and it will all be worth it. Cling to your trust in God also. That is the one thing I did. I'm not saying it was easy. But now my son and I are very close and he is becoming close to my husband also. In fact for the last year or so, whenever something good happens he goes running for his dad if he's home. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you.