Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 02-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Total Points: 916.14
Donate
Looking for Birthparents Chicagoland

I was adopted through St. Vincents Catholic Charities in Chicago. Jun/July 1965. Male. Thompson is the birth last name. (Born appx March 20 1965 in Cook County Hospital)

Your help is greatlly appreciated. I tried to get info from Catholic Charites in 1985 but no information was provided.

Thanks agin for your work and support
ragpckr@yahoo.com
Rags
Adoption Reunion Information

Looking for your birthfamily? Need assistance from the experts? Contact us today.

Your First Name
Your Last Name
Your Email Address

Our reunion registry can aid your search for your birth family. Premium memberships available, offering benefits like:
  • Automatic searching
  • See who's viewed your profile
  • Higher message limit
  • Copy of Search & Reunion E-book ($19.95 value)
  • Just $9.99 / yr!
We'll Search for You!
New Jersey
Click here to visit Adoption.com Registry
Don't miss out on finding your match at Adoption.com's Registry. For just $9.99 per year we will do the searching for you. Receive notifications automatically. Plus...find out who is searching for you!
Adoption.com Registry

Old 02-27-2006, 10:38 PM
happily reunited adoptee
Total Points: 9,303.00
Donate
What did you try to get? Try again from Catholic Charities and ask for someone who deals with post adoption searches. They have to at least provide you with what's called, "non-identifying" information - meaning - you should be able to get family information about your birth parents, but you will not receive their names, or where they are located. It will cost some money, but may be worth it to you.
The very best to you.

MKW
Old 02-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Total Points: 916.14
Donate
Search for birth parents

thanks for the reply. I will contact them again as it has been 20years since I tried wih st. vincents and Catholic Charities. how long did it take you from start to finish? Whata blessing to have the reunion and it be a happy one! I have played many scenarios and will accept as best as possible what may be the results of the search.
Thanks again MKW
Rags
Old 03-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Total Points: 3,481.00
Donate
New Info Iso Babygirl Born Winter 70-71

ISO BABYGIRL BORN IN STATE OF VIRGINIA ...WINTER OF LATE 70- EARLY 71. RELINQUISHED TO CATHOLIC CHARITIES... LIKELY WENT TO FOSTER CARE FOR ABOUT A YEAR OR SO PRIOR TO ADOPTION. ANY INFO PLEASE CONTACT DAWN @ butterflyswhispers@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Total Points: 3,481.00
Donate
Iso Babygirl Born Winter Of 70-71

ISO BABYGIRL BORN IN STATE OF VA WINTER OF 70-71. LIKELY WENT TO FOSTER CARE PRIOR TO ADOPTION FOR APPROX. A YEAR OR SO. RELINQUISHED TO CATHOLIC CHARITIES. ANY INFO PLEASE CONTACT DAWN @ butterflyswhispers@yahoo.com. Thank you
Old 04-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Total Points: 732.00
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive
Originally Posted By Candice Camilleri Johnn

Relinquished Registry has been reconnecting birthfamilies since 1996 specializing in free volunteer assistance for Catholic related adoption searching.
A free international search registry and special search techniques for those affected by Catholic adoption agencies in their searches.
pklbndt11@aol.com Please let me know if you have any information on the practices of Catholic Charities in the mid to late 70's. I was forced to sign papers before I was allowed to talk to my mother. At 15 years of age and alone in the world at that moment in my life, my mother's voice would have changed something!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:06 PM
cholesommers
Total Points: 176.00
Donate
Adoptee Searching

I am a female born on 04/05/1984 in St.Mary's Hospital in West Palm Beach, Fl and adopted through Catholic Social Services in Coco Beach, Fl. Any information would be appreciated. Email: Cholesommers@aol.com
Old 06-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Total Points: 120.00
Donate
welcome any help my daughter was place thru C.C. Lou, Ky. 2911 S. Fourth ST. 40215 in July 1985 her birthday is 07-17-1985 born in jeffersonville/clarksville IN Clark memorial hospital BF Roland Collins
** Melinda Beutel contact me ggcollins@scottsburg.com

Old 06-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Total Points: 2,970.72
Donate
ISO your daughter

Hello - I plugged in that date in the Registry section of this site. I highly recommend that you post your information as a bmom. Make sure you list what color your eyes are, hair color, grade you had complete at time of child's birth and any job you may have had - also religion. I'm not sure about your state, but in NY that's what us adoptees get and that's all they have to go by.

Best of Luck
Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Total Points: 120.00
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisapain
Hello - I plugged in that date in the Registry section of this site. I highly recommend that you post your information as a bmom. Make sure you list what color your eyes are, hair color, grade you had complete at time of child's birth and any job you may have had - also religion. I'm not sure about your state, but in NY that's what us adoptees get and that's all they have to go by.

Best of Luck
I am the birth father of the girl Im searching for. she was born in indiana but adopted in louisville KY so I'mNot Sure which state laws apply.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 AM
Total Points: 8,065.00
Donate
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkari1231
How do you find the free volunteer assistance for adoptees from catholic charities? my husband was adopted in 1975. He was born aug.20 1975 and the adoption was finalized march 11 1976 (i think thats what a letter from the attorney says) i also know that after him she had another baby up for adoption. she was 16 when she had him. guide me in the right way.

If you find out will you let me know? My Nephew was born in Anchorage Alaska January 19th 1970 at Alaska Native service Hospital. He was adopted at birth through Catholic Charities. I have been searching for 10 years. Dead ends every where. Then I was told something that floored me. I was told by a friend that Catholic Services alter the birth dates location of birth and other pertinent information. How can they do that? They are taking away the children's heritage and their right to know. If anyone knows how to search, please let me know. GypsyCat9@aol.com
Old 06-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Total Points: 8,065.00
Donate
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtine
I knew I couldn't keep reading all the posts without finally putting this in. My heart just kept getting more burdened with all who are looking for loved ones. I too am a ** looking for her bd. My daughter was born Feb. 14th, 1981 at St. Joseph's Hospital in Syracuse, NY. I do have a copy of the birth certificate, and non-identifying info. on those who may be the ones who adopted you. If you are her and see this, please contact me at jimtine@netzero.net. My prayer for all who are in search is please don't give up. Every Valentines Day that has gone by my heart is with her, and so are my prayers that the Lord's angels have protected her. I am sickened by the lack of care and concern to those of us who have encountered others from Catholic Charities unwilling to live what they preach, though I know those are the ones in whom we need to try to love all the more. If they are hurting others by lack of cooperation in retreiving info. needed, then they are the ones who are in desperate need of prayer and love for obvioiusly they never had enough growing up themselves. I unfortunately was raised Catholic, not saying that all are this way. Just seems to me that there are the wrong people in positions who should be getting some help themselves for lack of compassion. I also know that legislation for the laws to be changed regarding obtaining info. in this area needs much more recognition that what it has gotten. I guess maybe we can join others in trying to these laws changed. Heck, Moses was only one person and God used him to get the slaves out of Egypt. Why should we be any different? God Bless, and I will be praying for all.

If you find out will you let me know? My Nephew was born in Anchorage Alaska January 19th 1970 at Alaska Native service Hospital. He was adopted at birth through Catholic Charities. I have been searching for 10 years. Dead ends every where. Then I was told something that floored me. I was told by a friend that Catholic Services alter the birth dates location of birth and other pertinent information. How can they do that? They are taking away the children's heritage and their right to know. If anyone knows how to search, please let me know. GypsyCat9@aol.com
Old 06-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Total Points: 453.00
Donate
Smile female DOB 2/26/1964

I was adopted through Catholic Charities-Utica, NY. My dob is 2/26/1964. Both my birthparents at the time were 21. I believe I was born around Albany NY as that is what it says on my "generic" birth certificate. I don't know my birth name. My mom had light brown hair, green eyes and dad had brown hair and eyes. Both sets of Grandfathers were dairy workers. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:43 AM
Total Points: 2,970.72
Donate
To Meigsy

Well, most likely you were born in St. Peters, Albany Memorial, or Albany Medical Center.

As far as the Diary Farm - you could look up Dairy Farming in Albany. Does your bcert say "around" Albany? Mine says Albany NY. How about looking for Dairy Farms in Castleton, Nassau, Schodack, I think there was a diary farm in Glenmont. Or Diary Farming in the Hudson Valley Region?

Search newspapers like the Timesunion.com obituaries or the TroyRecord.com for Diary Farmer
Do you have any brothers or sisters?
It's so hard with out a name. Birthname perhaps (first name they called you in foster care before your aparents got you?)
Good Luck
Old 07-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Total Points: 8,804.06
Donate
Heart twin boy&girl 9/16/58

Looking For Birth Family. Was Told That They Were From Eastern Kentucky. And That They Had Other Children. Was Adopted Out Thru Catholic Charities In Louisville Ky.was Wanting To Find And Get Any Medical History. Thank You!