Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2004, 07:42 PM
avalynn64 avalynn64 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 22
Total Points: 5,351.52
Baby girl born 5/2/1964

The only things I know for sure is that Vance County Social Services in Henderson, NC over saw the adoption. Granville county Social Services in Oxford, NC was involved too because that's were my adoptive parents lived. I'm not sure where I was born. I used to think it was Oxford, NC. But as the years go by I realize that my assumptions are just that.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
thesearchguru thesearchguru is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,816
Total Points: 1,023,962.96
Welcome to the Search and Reunion Message Board!

You should first contact the adoption agency that facilitated the adoption to request background information (non-identifying information) about the birth parents. If the name of the agency involved in the adoption is unknown, contact this office:

North Carolina State Division of Social Services
325 North Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC, 27603

For questions about access to adoption related information and records:
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Social Services, Children's Services Section
2408 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2408
(919) 733-4622
Fax: (919) 715-6714

Obtaining Non-Identifying Information: Adopted adults age 21 or older, adoptive parents, or legal guardians may obtain non-identifying information. Birth parents or birth relative(s) may submit information about a health or genetic condition that may affect the adopted adult, and the appropriate employee shall make an effort to contact the adopted adult age 18 or older or the adoptive parents of an adoptee under 18.

Obtaining Identifying Information: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized.

Obtaining an Original Birth Certificate: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized to receive.

Other great websites to check out:
Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Points Per Thread View: 1.00
Points Per Thread: 15.00
Points Per Reply: 5.00

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 PM.