adoption.com

adoption.com

JOIN 800,000+ MEMBERS JOINJOIN Cancel

Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums. Register
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Total Points: 2,302.03
Donate
Looking for an Internship to start my career in the adoption field.

Hello everyone, my name is Darcy Walter. I currently go to San Joaquin Delta College. But I am going to transfer after two more semesters. I am applying to UOP and also Sacramento State for next fall. I am looking for an internship so I can start the next journey in my goal of having a career in the child adoption field. I am a nice and friendly person and would love this oppurtunity. Thank you for taking time to read this. You can contact me at my email- dardar90@comcast.net.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Total Points: 25,215.68
Donate
field

Hi,

I am currently getting my Master's of Social Work here in NJ. I am supposed to be doing my first (of several I think) internships in the fall. The college is supposed to match me with placement based upon my interests/requests. One of my requests is in the adoption field as I am an adoptive mom. I got a note from the man in charge of placements at my college telling me that the school didnt have any contacts/links with anyone where I can do an adoption internship. I dont know if this is reflective of all over, and I dont know about domestic but I know the # of intl. adoptions has decreased a lot. I'm guessing that there is probably less work in this field.
Nevertheless, good luck to you! I hope you prove me wrong,
Amy K, NJ