Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Adoptive & Foster Mommy
Total Points: 13,468.21
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonadad1
I decided to register today because I have been following your posts and they have been of great help! I adopted 2 special needs children in 2010. I too have been waiting for the adoption credit. I filed in Tucson Arizona. Here is my timeline:
March 15, 2010 filed paper return in Arizona
April 1, 2010 1st letter not to send anything
April 26, 2010 2nd letter to send documentation to PA
April 28, 2010 Sent documents via certified mail "Priority Mail Only".
May 5th 2010 PA receives documents
May 10th 2010 examiner is assigned
May 19th 2010 case is closed expect refund 4-6 weeks. Which we all know is probably 2 weeks.

After going through this site carefully since I filled in March I have come to this conclusion:
Return took 2 1/2 months from start to finish

It was very stressful waiting, but the forum was of great help

This is the best phone# to call get through faster
1-866-897-0161 updated status versus regular phone number. Average wait 20 minutes.

Did not get TA, I believed it would have caused me delays. Most agencies even the ones you work in do not want customers pressuring them for results. I was patient and believe that now they are starting to move quickly. I hope everyone will continue to receive their returns--Good Luck
Isnt' that 800# you posted specific to PA or is it for the Examination Unit for the IRS in all states?
Adoption Information
Become an adoption forums premium member to enjoy these Membership Benefits:
  • Remove Advertising
  • Unlimited Arcade
  • Unlimited Attachments
  • Increased PM Storage
  • Calendar Posting
  • Larger Avatars
  • Personal Page
  • Just $19.95 / yr!
Domestic Adoption?
Virginia
Click here to visit Adoption Home Study Provider
If you live in the U.S. and are going to adopt, you will need an adoption home study. Click here to find a home study provider in your area. Get Started Today!
Adoption Home Study Provider

Old 05-23-2011, 01:03 PM
Adoptive & Foster Mommy
Total Points: 13,468.21
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobyMule
Mine was in PA as well. Documents were faxed 4/18 and close sometime last week.

The 0922 number says I got a deposit date of June 6th.
What is the full phone number for 0922???
Is that for GA or PA?
Was that on your examination letter for PA?
Old 05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Total Points: 30,930.97
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypov
I went and tried again, I could not find any option to create a pin

Then I called the examinations again. Got someone in Austin. She said she is on the first weeks of February right now and I told her I think Fresno is a bit ahead of that- she said she'd heard that but couldn't verify. She also told me (basically) if we quit calling them they'd have more time to do the exams. I said to her its hard not to call when you are desperate for the money! She said to call back at the end of June. Sheesh. I want to have my money SPENT on bills and a vacay by the end of June lady!
when you all the 0922 number. you have to select the option that asks if you have recieved a letter. it will prompt you how to proceed to set up your PIN
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Donate
i believe the letter has what they are calling the caller id number. you set up your own pin ... but you have to select the option that says you have reiceved a letter.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Total Points: 225.16
Donate
The number I posted 1-800 number is not to PA because when I ask the person answering they say they are not in PA.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
Total Points: 5,914.47
Donate
Chose option 1 for 'have received letter or notice'
then chose option 6 to ask about establishing a PIN

Then it ask you to press 1 if you've been notified you have a PIN, press 2 if you ?, press 3 to change your PIN, press 4 if you forgot your PIN and then others such as disabling your account...etc.

None of those applied to me? I want to establish a PIN and use it LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM
I CAN make a difference!!
Total Points: 1,931.77
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithsHope
Chose option 1 for 'have received letter or notice'
then chose option 6 to ask about establishing a PIN

Then it ask you to press 1 if you've been notified you have a PIN, press 2 if you ?, press 3 to change your PIN, press 4 if you forgot your PIN and then others such as disabling your account...etc.

None of those applied to me? I want to establish a PIN and use it LOL
Press 1 and then option 5. You need to have the CP05 notice that has your caller ID on it, then follow the prompts to setup a new pin.

Hope that helps!

God Bless!

Single Dad to:
N age 15
and
R age 13
(bio brothers)
Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Total Points: 381.99
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineDad
Press 1 and then option 5. You need to have the CP05 notice that has your caller ID on it, then follow the prompts to setup a new pin.

Hope that helps!

God Bless!

You may not know this but - what if we didn't get a CP05 notice - the only notice I got was the one asking for more information and it has a 7 digit Caller ID number on it.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Total Points: 1,531.69
Donate
CLOSED! Supposedly check will be sent out Friday!!

TA never got my case going due to lack of DR note for hardship.

Docs received: March 13 Fresno
2009 and 2007 amendment approved letters came: April 15
May 1st-ish: was told that 2008 was lost
Called last week: couldn't tell me diddly!
Called today and IRS agents couldn't say anything to me because I have a TA. Called the TA hotline - told me that 2008 was scanned behind 2009, hence the reason it was missing... "Oh and if you are calling about the 2010, it will be sent out this Friday and should be there by Wed!" I hadn't even asked about it yet, I was just trying to see if my faxed docs made it!!
5 through my heart, which was a much more difficult process!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Total Points: 4,834.10
Donate
Congratulations with7kids! Great news! Yours was in Andover right? Question about the amendments... when did you originally mail those? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Donate
Let me see if I can add the note I faxed with my docs...

Dear IRS agent,

Please note that although I have tried to get a Tax advocate, my dr won’t sign a note stating that my 2 children - 1 with asthma and 1 with tricuspid regurgitation and a heart murmur - need cool air to deal with a humid KS summer. My house is 150 years old with wiring that must be close to that age. The house must be rewired before we can even put window units in. When we bought the house last fall, we knew that we would get a tax refund that would allow this to be done. Please have mercy and refund our taxes soon. I don’t want my children to be ill or worse.

Thank you,
(my name)

BTW- Included in this fax is a copy of my 2008 taxes as the TA stated that the copy I paid to have done and sent was now lost.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleinsrq
Congratulations with7kids! Great news! Yours was in Andover right? Question about the amendments... when did you originally mail those? Thanks.

Yes in Andover.

The IRS showed that they received them March 13th in Fresno.

I will let you all know when I actually pull the check out of the mailbox!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Total Points: 5,914.47
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineDad

Hope that helps!

God Bless!

Nope, still a no go. Press 1, pressed 5 and then it says to enter the PIN you've created. It never ask you to create one. If I enter the number under the ID # of our CP05 letter it just says it's invalid....so again, this must not work for everyone.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Total Points: 504.11
Donate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithsHope
Nope, still a no go. Press 1, pressed 5 and then it says to enter the PIN you've created. It never ask you to create one. If I enter the number under the ID # of our CP05 letter it just says it's invalid....so again, this must not work for everyone.

It doesn't work for me either. It sends me to a live person everytime.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:42 AM
Donate
They must have changed that menu if it isnt working for you all. wonder what happened there.
I thought I would post this info for any one not following the other threads on the ATC. I guess since I had been, I figured all were. For those of you that have gotten a "release date" of 6-6.. that means that DD will be 5-27 paper checks mailed 5-26. My TA gave me the info on how the system updates once a case is closed. I will try to say this as simply as I can .
Once the case is closed... the examiner then MUST have it ENTERED into their system by close of business Wed. The system will then update on the following monday. This is the part that will generate the RELEASE date. If they dont get it in promptly and you miss Monday update.. it will not update again until the following monday. Therefore delaying that release date for a week. and so on. ( I have not seen anyone have this delay happen . once closed they seem to be getting them in right away) The next and best part of this is.. DD are done 10 days before the release date they are giving you.. and paper checks are printed or mailed 5 days before that release date. I cant remember for sure about that printed or mailed paper check now.. so any one with a 6-6 release date should be getting DD on 5-27!!! YEAHHH!!! She also told me that because of the holiday paper ones this week SHOULD be sent on the 26th.When I was getting info on mine from here I told her I was trying to write everything down she was saying so that I could share with everyone here. so she slowed down and said " tell them...." and what I just wrote is what she said. Hopefully everyone with 6-6 release has a stuffed bank account by friday. I hope this is all holding to be true.. it has been for the last 3 weeks I have known it.. just remember get release date.. count back 5-10 days depending on form of refund.. wishing you all the best of luck!!