Adoption Forums®

Members List Photos Events Local Adoption Support Search Arcade Reviews Membership Upgrade
Welcome to the Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You may have to register before you can post or search: click here to proceed. To start viewing messages, select a forum below that you would like to view or click View All of Todays Posts.
Forum Categories

Old 02-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Total Points: 11,204.00
Donate
Question Adopted Children getting Grants?

Awhile back my father and mother took a claas and learned that adopted children can get grants having something to do with being a ward of the state does anyone know anything about this? Please help
Adoption Community Information
Julie & Dan (MD)
are hoping to adopt
Julie & Dan hoping to adopt A Service of Adoption Profiles
Pregnant? We Can Help.
Click here to visit A Loving Choice Adoption Associates
Facing an untimely pregnancy can be overwhelming. A Loving Choice can provide confidential guidance & support in a comfortable, pressure-free atmosphere, where you can explore your options & develop a plan that's right for you and your baby.
A Loving Choice Adoption Associates
(800) 816-6311   Text (732) 682-2256

Old 08-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Total Points: 239.72
Donate
Adoptive children can receive independent living grants if they were in foster care, there are specific rules. The grants help with college and other stuff. You should contact your state agency that works with abuse and try to get ahold of the Independent Living program.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Total Points: 330.96
Donate
seeking any information on adopted children getting grants
Old 05-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Total Points: 239.72
Donate
Hi Debbie. The various states have programs called Independent Living. If you were in foster care you would be eligible. In addition in Oregon we now have scholarships/grants for foster kids as well. You could look online through your state child welfare system. Kris
Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Donate
Smile subsidy for adopted teenage child

please help with any information on subsidy for adopted teenage child though fostercare, i adopted my daughter at the age of 4yrs old she is now 16 i do receive subsidy from Michigan i live in las vegas nv, at the age of 16 and prepare for graduation and college im going though financial difficulties trying to bugget on the amount of subsidy from Michigan in which have not increased since the age of 4yrs old is there any other resourses grants charities ect. that would help me keep up with the support to help meet her needs of a adopted child though foster care
Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Donate
Smile

[quote=debbiedebbiedebbie77]please help with any information on subsidy for adopted teenage child though fostercare, i adopted my daughter at the age of 4yrs old she is now 16 i do receive subsidy from Michigan i live in las vegas nv, at the age of 16 and prepare for graduation and college im going though financial difficulties trying to bugget on the amount of subsidy from Michigan in which have not increased since the age of 4yrs old is there any other resourses grants charities ect. that would help me keep up with the support to help meet her needs of a adopted child though foster care also any information on grants for post adoped children through foster care